West Bank Blogger in Deep Trouble

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: West Bank Blogger in Deep Trouble

Postby Steve James on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Think about it. This guy gets a harsh sentence for leading a double life

Well, the point wasn't the point. But, if thought about, the guy could be used positively, as an example that no religion turns someone into anything. Or, as an example of governmental hyper-intrusion into individual privacy ... but, ok, that could happen anywhere. Anyway, I think it takes a lot to go against one's parents in some cultures, even today the punishments can be extremely severe. So, it's not surprising that he had to lead a double life --which may suggest that there are more like him.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Methods on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:10 pm

really zhenshlite - hahahah

I will ask you to shut me up, I welcome that!

I dont speak for Taoists, not one or all! furthermore I can only speak of what I know, ignorance is at play but it seems that the world is getting real tired of being ignorant... :-\

Weird story or not, its about humanity and social ignorance - on my part as well :P My post was truly to explode the situation on a literal level, even then it only touches what this poor man is going through and look at the reaction of a fellow Muslim. I do not hate Muslims, on the contrary I have a friend or two that are deeply into the religion and they would of never reacted the way you did. This is the problem, reaction without thinking, its all from the heart and not of the brain. OMG, lets talk all day how all religions are bullshit but dont ever mention Muslims, god forbid, right Zhenshlite...I think this unfortunate brave young man that we are talking about is learning that the hard way.

To justify this action, law and culture is not different than ignoring Hitler back in the 40's - its evil, it shouldnt be tolerated and truly it is at a whole of a culture that is wrong - wester, eastern , middle east...
To see Zhenshlite react the way he did just justifies my concerns - fuck you to my brother!
Last edited by Methods on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:36 am

I think this unfortunate brave young man that we are talking about is learning that the hard way.

Well, why is he brave? Is what he did an example of courage?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby zenshiite on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:09 am

Methods wrote:really zhenshlite - hahahah

I will ask you to shut me up, I welcome that!

I dont speak for Taoists, not one or all! furthermore I can only speak of what I know, ignorance is at play but it seems that the world is getting real tired of being ignorant... :-\

Weird story or not, its about humanity and social ignorance - on my part as well :P My post was truly to explode the situation on a literal level, even then it only touches what this poor man is going through and look at the reaction of a fellow Muslim. I do not hate Muslims, on the contrary I have a friend or two that are deeply into the religion and they would of never reacted the way you did. This is the problem, reaction without thinking, its all from the heart and not of the brain. OMG, lets talk all day how all religions are bullshit but dont ever mention Muslims, god forbid, right Zhenshlite...I think this unfortunate brave young man that we are talking about is learning that the hard way.

To justify this action, law and culture is not different than ignoring Hitler back in the 40's - its evil, it shouldnt be tolerated and truly it is at a whole of a culture that is wrong - wester, eastern , middle east...
To see Zhenshlite react the way he did just justifies my concerns - fuck you to my brother!

Yeah.... right. Coming from the guy that a few months back said Islam should be eliminated from the planet.

Methods wrote:Im sorry to say, but Islamic tradition, religion and culture is the worlds enemy now, its a fucking parasite and after many years of tolerating it, it now is coming to banning and more so destroying it totally. Im sorry, I believe in freedom but freedom is earned not given and sometimes earning it means you have to do nasty things in order to keep it.

You're a liar, and a bigot... and you've posted it before.

Funny that you should take me as an example to justify your "concerns." I'm a bad student, Islam teaches me to restrain my anger and pray forgiveness for all mankind. It's American culture that has bred this anger into me. My "fuck you" attitude is more American than it is Muslim, and more American punk at that. If you've got a problem with that blame it on America, not Islam. The Qur'an itself says to "argue with them in the best of manners," and yet on this forum the "fuck you" attitude has actually led to a whole lot of progress. So I'm just going to continue to demonstrate my American-ness with regard to how I feel about you people holding me accountable for the actions of a few idiot Muslims and then blaming my religion for not only the foolishness of a few Muslims who usually know as little about Islam, it's jurisprudence, theology and history as non-Muslims(yep, even most of these so-called "clerics" from radical fringe groups, none of whom are classically educated) but the anger I feel at your ignorance as well. That anger is born of being an American, born and raised, who doesn't take shit from anybody about what he believes in because it's my God-given and Constitutional right to believe whatever I damn well please.

Last edited by zenshiite on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic