Pacquiao v Margerito

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Pacquiao v Margerito

Postby Mr_Wood on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:30 am

Anybody watch the fight last night, was first class performance by both fighters. I just cant understand why Pacquiao didn't knock out Margerito after round 10 ?
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Re: Pacquiao v Margerito

Postby gzregorz on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:07 am

I think like fight before it with Jones, Pac realized that the KO just wasn't going to happen. Also after the fight he said that he got hurt by an uppercut. Why risk it when you've already won?

Anyway, best match up I've seen in years.
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby qiphlow on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:56 am

i think pac said that he didn't want to go for the KO, that he wanted to let margarito finish the fight.
manny was killing him all night, but he did get hurt a few times. the stats at the end showed that pac landed about 100 more power punches than the power punches thrown by margarito.
as always, the big question at the end was "where's mayweather?"
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby jasonf on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:38 pm

I only saw the re-cap on ESPN, but they said that Pac was beating him pretty badly by the end of the fight and a few times motioned to the ref wanting him to stop the fight.
The real screw job with boxing these days is that everyone seems to have a title or some claim to the best in the world, undefeated, ect...but don't actually fight eachother? If boxing as a whole can't find a way to put the Mayweather vs Pac fight together it makes the whole sport look a little pathetic.
jasonf
Huajing

Postby gzregorz on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:23 pm

You really should watch the whole fight. I don't disagree but I don't think he would have been able to knock him out at least not on that day.
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:56 am

qiphlow wrote:as always, the big question at the end was "where's mayweather?"

Hopefully in jail. Mayweather is a woman-beating punk-- he shouldn't be allowed to fight, except against gangs of hardened thugs in prison.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:34 am

Mayweather is 41-0-0
Pacquiao is 57-3-2

If pac man doesn't fight him, he hasn't really climbed the whole mountain.

He's that close. I would like to see him fight Mayweather as well. It would be a great fight I'm almost certain of it.
Last edited by Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:36 pm

my guess: mayweather is worried about a potential loss to pacquiao, and doesn't want to risk his perfect record. mayweather seems like enough of an egomaniac to make this a plausible guess. or it could be that mayweather is just waiting until pac shows signs of slowing down.

manny was willing to accept all of mayweather's conditions last time, so it seems like the only roadblock is mayweather himself.

i wonder how margarito felt on sunday morning?
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Its true Pacquiao v Mayweather would make an amazing fight.

Re Pacquiao v Margarito, Pacquiao was continually looking to the Ref to stop the fight after the round 10 beatdown. In my opinion he could have easily knocked his block off but decided to give a bit of a demo from then on instead of seriously injuring him.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Boxing is about the purse and the promoters. Every fighter has a price he'll take for a fight, unless he doesn't need the money. If Mayweather doesn't need the dough, he won't fight. If he needs/wants the dough, then he'll wait for the best payday. The bigger the hype; the bigger the payday. This'll be a makable fight for as long as both are active.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Will Mayweather risk his perfect record and jeapordise his post retirement earnings for a payday now?

Great fight btw, Pacman certainly shows some amazing skills...
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic