The Harmony between Heaven and Earth

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The Harmony between Heaven and Earth

Postby Strange on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:49 pm

we all believe that we are fierce ma ass kickers, if not serious student of the art. but no matter how big an ass kicker you are, its not as big as ppl who can heal and help others cure and alleviate pain and illness.

if you have an argument with that, i've got here a senior master level bloke that says the same:

"techniques of the fist are a study in murder. if this study is spread to the world, it hurts the harmony that exists between heaven and earth greatly, not to mention causing strife and unrest between ppl. which is why i am reluctant to print this book. if you have the art, conceal it within your body; and use literature to make a name for yourself."
-Dai WenXiong (Dai XinYi Fist, Guo JinGang, Pg 35)

with you indulgence, i offer crude bricks in hopes of luring fine jade.

Persistent Sore Throat
few month back, i got this sore throat(throat infection) that will not go away. docs gave me TWO round of antibiotics but it just would not go away. This went on like for 3 weeks. what i finally did was suck slowly on sea salt, grain by grain. i immediately felt better and took another 2 days to fully recover.
(caution: some ppl are sensitive to salt as it drives up the blood pressure very quickly, so if you have high bp, do not use)

Stiff and Tense Shoulders
there is a pressure point thats in the middle of the shoulder blades, apply firm pressure. you should feel a soothing numbness that relaxes the shoulders and upper arms. works immediately.

Elders Loosing Appetite
if you got elders loosing appetite, take it as a big alarm bell, because this may set of a vicious cycle of no nutrient->lowered immunity-> many sickness. my mom was like this for 2 months and i got her chinese herbal soup tonic that strengthens the spleen and stomach, now she is eating ok after 2-3 rounds of the soup. better yet see s chinese doc; if you see the symptoms early it is easy to treat with food tonics rather than taking medicine when it becomes serious.

cheers,
Strange
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Re: The Harmony between Heaven and Earth

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 am

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I long thought about violence and I realized that MAs, like any weapon, are just a tool. It depends how you use it. Obviously, hurting another being should be one of the last things to consider, but it all depends on the circumstances.

Hurting someone out of anger is wrong, but doing so out of love, for example to protect a child, is not wrong if there is the only perceived way to protect the loved one.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:15 am

i am no expert on Dai family arts, but for the chinese they believe that heaven has the virtue of giving/protecting all forms of life; thus if you go around with the intent maim and kill, this is somehow going against the will of heaven.

i also think that at his level there is a fast and powerful reflexive relation between his intent and his qi energy, in that the intent and qi feed off each other and make each more powerful. for ppl who have seen bloodshed, they will understand that this is not something.... good.

if you have some special or lesser known healing techniques, please share them. thanks
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:41 am

I got these links from Plante:
http://drjakefratkin.com/golden-flowers ... ric-syrups
http://drjakefratkin.com/anti-viral-therapy

Nerd note: nice RESTful web site. It looks that he keeps it up to date.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:02 am

any that is peculiar to systema?
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:34 am

No, it's Chinese medecine. In Systema, we are taught to bring our attention to an injured area by imagining that you breathe in and out from that area as if it has a nose. Also, the way you deal with pain is by using breath, keeping posture, moving and touching the area to alleviate the pain. That's mostly impact pain. For wounds, you try to cut off the blood flow to the wounded area by any means possible: making a garrote or compressing the area with your own body. We also use tensing techniques to flush the lactic acid and to bring blood to certain body parts, for example you can tense only your arms as you inhale and relax them as you exhale to bring blood to them. There is also cold water dousing: http://www.montrealsystema.com/uploads/ ... OUSING.pdf and fasting: http://www.montrealsystema.com/uploads/ ... TING-1.pdf.
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:34 pm

! breathing from the injured area is very cool! very nice~
have you tried it personally?
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:01 am

Many elderly people have difficulty keeping their balance. If you can help them regain that skill, you have more than repaid your time in the martial arts: the stinking schools, the stupid personalities, the training injuries.

In some cases, old people can remember everything each great-grandchild ever said or did, but they cannot remember the first lesson they taught their grandchildren: one foot, then the other.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:27 am

if i knew that one, you will have to call me dr strange for real
best to see a doctor.
somehow friction step and gentle tonics for the kidney comes to mind
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic