cops investigate gory murder scene to find it's a movie set

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

cops investigate gory murder scene to find it's a movie set

Postby StanTheMan on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:54 am

http://www.thescreeningroom.ca/2010/12/movie-set-fools-homicide-detectives-for-eight-hours.html

Everybody makes mistakes, but some are more embarrasing than others. According to ABC Pittsburgh, police in Washington, Pennsylvania spent 8 hours investigating a murder scene - one that Police Chief J.R. Blyth called "the most grisly murder scene in my 35 years in law enforcement" - before finally realizing that it was part of an old movie set.

The scene was discovered when firefighters responded to a fire at the George Washington Hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel they found a room drenched in blood, complete with what appeared to be a piece of human scalp with hair still attached. Little did they know at the time was that all that they had really found was gory leftovers from the set of New Terminal Hotel, a direct to video horror film starring the late Corey Haim.

The scene was shot more than two years ago, but the owner of the hotel, Kyrk Pyros, left the room intact in case the crew had to come back for re-shoots. Mr. Pyros was reportedly amused by the chaos that ensued when the room was discovered. The county coroner, however, was not.

"I smiled and the [coroner] looked at me and said, 'I am not finding this funny'. I said, 'Well, that is where New Terminal Hotel was shot. That is our scare room.'"
StanTheMan
Anjing

Return to Off the Topic