Can't find wikileaks?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Can't find wikileaks?

Postby affa on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:28 am

Darthwing Teorist wrote:What is needed is something beyond the current rules. But the problem will come back: corruption and greed will eventually mess up any system. That's why a recurrent reset is needed: just like any big piece of software, let it run long enough and you will have to do some sort of maintenance.

16, 76, 81, 88, 93
21, 28, 38, 52, 78
7, 40, 56, 73, 87
23, 65, 82, 91, 95
2, 6, 10, 46, 95
affa
Wuji

Postby ashe on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Dmitri wrote:[disclaimer -- didn't follow the guy or his site much, so the rant below is based on some news info and little overall knowledge (and no deep research into the matter), so it may be misinformed]

That guy is just a glorified hacker, for whom this is the way to get chicks.

Seriously, he's an idiot IMO. Nothing good ever could come out of this. Trying to make the world an honest place where all information is shared freely and everyone does their job with integrity and responsibility, nobody lies or talks behind others' backs? REALLY?!?!

Nothing is going to change; in fact, BAD things will happen (and have already happened) as a result of his activities. Not the least one of them is that he is in fact desensitizing the public even MORE to what the politicians were, are and will be doing. I.e. the exact opposite of what he's "trying" to accomplish. I really hope that the "internet freedom will rapidly vanish down the drain" thing is not going to happen, at least not 'just like that', but some new anti-whatever laws probably will result from this...

What a moron.

his past leaks have made some some very real differences in the outcomes of elections in other countries .

i don't think the point is that he's trying for a world where no one talks behind each others backs. it's an issue of accountability.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:39 pm

"I really hope that the "internet freedom will rapidly vanish down the drain" thing is not going to happen, at least not 'just like that', but some new anti-whatever laws probably will result from this".

Sad but it will happen and soon- the political wonks with the power HATE the fracking internet they can't control information and as of now they can't tax it- but that will change now- very, very fast fast.. They will use this 'crisis' to the hilt.

The lack of awareness of what is going on in regards to the loss of constitutional freedoms and loss of privacy is fucking astounding.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:41 pm

US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates admitted in a letter to the US congress that no sensitive intelligence sources or methods had been compromised by the Afghan war logs disclosure. The Pentagon stated there was no evidence the WikiLeaks reports had led to anyone being harmed in Afghanistan. NATO in Kabul told CNN it couldn't find a single person who needed protecting. The Australian Department of Defence said the same. No Australian troops or sources have been hurt by anything we have published.

But our publications have been far from unimportant. The US diplomatic cables reveal some startling facts:

► The US asked its diplomats to steal personal human material and information from UN officials and human rights groups, including DNA, fingerprints, iris scans, credit card numbers, internet passwords and ID photos, in violation of international treaties. Presumably Australian UN diplomats may be targeted, too.

► King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia asked the US to attack Iran.

► Officials in Jordan and Bahrain want Iran's nuclear program stopped by any means available.

► Britain's Iraq inquiry was fixed to protect "US interests".

► Sweden is a covert member of NATO and US intelligence sharing is kept from parliament.

► The US is playing hardball to get other countries to take freed detainees from Guantanamo Bay. Barack Obama agreed to meet the Slovenian President only if Slovenia took a prisoner. Our Pacific neighbour Kiribati was offered millions of dollars to accept detainees.

In its landmark ruling in the Pentagon Papers case, the US Supreme Court said "only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government". The swirling storm around WikiLeaks today reinforces the need to defend the right of all media to reveal the truth.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=1 ... topic=1656
Last edited by ashe on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:05 pm

What will happen to Assange in the British gaol I wonder?
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby nicklas on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:56 am

► Sweden is a covert member of NATO and US intelligence sharing is kept from parliament.

Well.... I dont think that came as a chock to anybody =) We have been doing exercises and taken part in NATO-lead missions for years. Of course we always have been neutral, just that we dont play with the other kid...

During WW2 we where neutral as well... so neutral that when norway, finland and denmark where occupied we let the germans transport troops through sweden... then when the germans where loosing, we where as neutral the other way =)

So we have a looooooog tradition of twisting and turning, being neutral but alway be a "covert member" of the strongest part out there. =)
nicklas
Huajing

Postby Dmitri on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:05 am

ashe wrote:i don't think the point is that he's trying for a world where no one talks behind each others backs. it's an issue of accountability.

I realize it's an extremely complex issue... I didn't mean to sound like it's all terrible and stupid, what he did. It's a good thing just because of its dissidence, in an of itself, even if nothing else. But the way he's going about it and the sheer scale at which he's doing it are insane IMO. I support the ideas, but the means are idiotic IMHO. Plus, he's probably gonna get himself killed -- if they can't shut down the servers/"stop the signal" by other means.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby affa on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:37 am

16, 76, 81, 88, 93
21, 28, 38, 52, 78
7, 40, 56, 73, 87
23, 65, 82, 91, 95
2, 6, 10, 46, 95
affa
Wuji

Previous