Yeah for Gay!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Yeah for Gay!

Postby bailewen on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:39 am

:) ...waitasec...I I mean...oh whatever. Anyways, about fucking time:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/us/po ... ml?_r=2&hp
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Re: Yeah for Gay!

Postby Andy_S on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:56 am

New US defense policy under consideration includes:
(1) Immediate destruction of all USMC dress blues, to be replaced with dress baby-blues and pinks and the Marine Corps Hymn to be replaced with "YMCA";
(2) US Army Kevlar body armour to be phased out and replaced with studded leather gladiator armour;
(3) "Magnum, PI," 'taches to be forthwith cultivated among all (male) ranks;
(4) Advertising of this new policy in Pushtun to raise the morale among our hairy Afghan allies, who all love the brown cake; and
(5) Free screening of Andy_S' all time favorite film, "Lesbian Lavatory Lust" to all female recruits.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:59 am

I'm surprised no one stood up in the house and shouted 'This is Spaaaaarta' .. anyway good on em, can you imagine what teh enemy would think if being attacked by an all gay platoon, flyng a rainbow flag, playing judy garland on the stereo instead of death metal and then going on to kick ass up and down the battlefield.. :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:31 am

Indeed, about time too.
I'm curious to see how this story continues when it comes to actually implementing the principle in - literally - the rank and file. Still discrimination and resistance against (openly) gay soldiers, or now more acceptance? I guess it'll take a while at the very least.
But still a good move. If the US military can get its culture turned around on this one, then maybe in the long term it could have a knock-on effect in other 'taboo' areas like (professional) sports...

Cheers,

Giles
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:31 pm

It really means the most to those in the military who were discharged because it was discovered that they were gay, even after distinguished service. The culture of the military, with its male-bonding rituals won't change. Well, it may not be as easy to call people some names :) The number or percentage of gays won't change from what it ever has been, even in Sparta. If it means anything, I'd bet the meaning lessens the close it gets to the front line.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:15 pm

According to the military's own internal study, for 90% of the soldiers who have knowingly served together with gay folks it already doesn't mean anything.

That's right, most of the enlisted folks stopped giving a shit about the issue many years ago.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:20 pm

bailewen wrote:most of the enlisted folks stopped giving a shit about the issue many years ago.

I certainly couldn't have cared less myself when I was in the Army. As long as the person who's fighting with me is reliable and knows what the hell they're doing, that's all that matters...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:33 am

Good to know that the GI in the next foxhole will "have your back," or will possibly even "cover your ass" during any form of "rearward movement."

And of course, like every good soldier, make sure that "your weapon does not fall into enemy hands" or you may find yourself suffering from "blowback."

Etc, etc.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby tsurugi on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:15 am

tsurugi
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:23 am

Finally, one more reason to say "so what, do your job" lol
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 pm

rock on. bout time they repealed DADT
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:29 pm

cerebus wrote:
I certainly couldn't have cared less myself when I was in the Army. As long as the person who's fighting with me is reliable and knows what the hell they're doing, that's all that matters...

That's pretty much the consensus in the Army apparently. Could make you then think that it never was about people serving in the armed forces but rather an agenda of further normalizing a lifestyle that many find aberrant.
Chris Fleming

Postby klonk on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Things traditional are traditional for a reason. The reason is not always good, but it deserves examination.

"I couldn't shoot him, Sarge: He was cute."
Last edited by klonk on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Chris Fleming

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:20 pm

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic