thanks for RSF

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

thanks for RSF

Postby internalenthusiast on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:54 pm

most years, i've tried to make a thank you thread for RSF.

to dave devere, felipe [filepie ;)], tom, ashe, and all the rest of RSF's moderators and care-takers. (i'm sorry i don't have the current list, but my gratitude goes out to all.)

thanks for founding the site, and keeping it going over the years.

it's a great resource, and meeting place. may it, with st. sooty's blessings, continue for a long, long time.

my very best for a healthy, happy and fruitful year to all running the site, and to all participating.

:) tom
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Re: thanks for RSF

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks to all the folks who have been so helpful on here replying to my questions, some even going so far as to PM or email! Also to the folks who have provided so much entertainment during times of insomnia lol.

I don't want to list names, since I know I'll forget one, but I'm sure you know who you are.

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby Josealb on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:33 pm

That is one trippy logo.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby chud on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Yes, thanks for keeping RSF going!

BKA: that is indeed a cool Christmas bagua logo.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Snyder for president of the world.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Glad you guys like it ;). Just don't stare at it too long after enjoying the Christmas eggnog <g>.

One of my hobbies, photoshop and PSP...

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:46 am

thanks guys. Out of all the rsf'ers I've met in real life, 100% of them have been totally awesome!!! :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:28 am

I'd agree, all the RSFers I've met in real life are very awesome people, er that would be person actually. Guess that isn't a very large selective sample is it? ;)

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:11 am

Thanks for keeping this great place ad-free and otherwise non-commercialized.... the rare thing about this site is that it is TRULY not for profit, indeed a labor of love... Thanks to the owners and admins, -- and a special separate 'thanks' to whoever is actually paying their hard-earned $$ for hosting and maintenance.

On that note, -- maybe set up a donation account, e.g. via PayPal, so that people can help you out. We have, as of this moment, 555 users listed who have at least 10 posts each. If even half of those people gave just $1 once a year, it would already make a huge difference... (I know that nobody's asking anybody for money, but... just trying to be considerate and do something nice, as a special 'thank you'. Besides, it's Christmas, so get off my case, dammit!! :P ;D) Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks and happy holidays, and all the best to your families.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:53 am

Dmitri wrote:Thanks for keeping this great place ad-free and otherwise non-commercialized.... the rare thing about this site is that it is TRULY not for profit, indeed a labor of love... Thanks to the owners and admins, -- and a special separate 'thanks' to whoever is actually paying their hard-earned $$ for hosting and maintenance.

On that note, -- maybe set up a donation account, e.g. via PayPal, so that people can help you out. We have, as of this moment, 555 users listed who have at least 10 posts each. If even half of those people gave just $1 once a year, it would already make a huge difference... (I know that nobody's asking anybody for money, but... just trying to be considerate and do something nice, as a special 'thank you'. Besides, it's Christmas, so get off my case, dammit!! :P ;D) Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks and happy holidays, and all the best to your families.

The hosting and domain should be covered for some time by the (at least) 425$ that have been raised in 2008. I have a large webspace and two top-level domains myself for four or five years now, and I don't think I have paid even half as much so far. For people to contribute to the financing of this forum, we would need some transparency about the actual costs and the amount of money left and a permanent paypal account for donations, that is accessible, whenever one feels to contribute (Christmas for example, when people start reflecting about things like that). It would also be helpful, if the members would get, what they have contributed for. IIRC, we discussed the costs for various chat options and even a whiteboard, none of which we eventually got. So before blindly raising money again, we should be a little more clear about all of this.

Now the universe is in harmony again ;)

And BTW admins, thank you for being decent, level-headed moderators of this place.
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks!!! We love yooze guyz!!! :-D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks! I have alot of fun here!

Best to all- Merry Christmas!
Last edited by Chanchu on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:32 pm

thanks guys... "rsfers"... you guys realize that if you write that out, it become "rum soaked fisters" right? ;D

and for the record, david and felipe haven't realy been actively moderating for a while now. felipe pops in now and again.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Strange on Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:09 pm

shameless apple polickshers
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:53 pm

You were right last time, Strange... ;)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9926&p=170078
Last edited by klonk on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic