The No Pay for Art Thing

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The No Pay for Art Thing

Postby edededed on Wed May 14, 2008 8:25 am

So, I went and posted about the guy who wasn't paying me, and e-mailed him about it; after a mere hour (after he had not contacted me for 8 days), he replied:

Hi.
My vacation is over and I see your reply on this email to post negatives on the internet about me and my firm.
Ok, well you do this and you won't get paid and I will slander you as well.
Have a nice day.

My posts and his posts are over here:

http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_p ... p?TID=6392

What do you think? Am I wrong here? Do PayPal transactions just disappear and not actually send any money? Or is he trying to slander me now? Geez...
edededed
Great Old One

Re: The No Pay for Art Thing

Postby edededed on Wed May 14, 2008 8:25 am

(I am Echa there...)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed May 14, 2008 9:08 am

I don't know. It's hard to say but I once got ripped off for 5000$ so now I am careful. When this happened to me, it was all kind of small things that were explained by the other guy but in the end he took off with our money (my brother's and mine) and did not finish the job that we hired him to do.

My advice is to try to negotiate with him over the email, call Paypal, get all the details. If things are still shady, post on that forum as that seems to hurt him.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Wed May 14, 2008 10:20 am

Many people don't realize that one must accept payments made to them via Paypal. You should have received an e-mail notifying you of a pending payment. Contact Paypal.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Teazer on Wed May 14, 2008 11:50 am

dragontigerpalm wrote:Many people don't realize that one must accept payments made to them via Paypal. You should have received an e-mail notifying you of a pending payment. Contact Paypal.

Also might want to check if it went directly to your email spam folder. Personally though I never needed to do anything in Paypal to accept payments. The emails I've received in the past were just notifications.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed May 14, 2008 3:19 pm

echaecha is your paypal acct right? maybe you use a different e-mail for your paypal?
also, what's a MMOCC?
Last edited by nianfong on Wed May 14, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby edededed on Wed May 14, 2008 4:58 pm

1. I received no e-mails from PayPal except the ones that I received for creating my account. (Trust me, I was looking for those e-mails that were supposed to come.)
2. Checked my spam folder - as usual, lots of "babes" who seem to remember me but I don't remember them. Also, lots of (certain body part) enlargement spam. But yeah, I think that they should just be notifications, anyway (my PayPal balance is still 0).
3. MMOCCs are "Massively-Multiplayer Online Chatting Communities" - sort of like low-tech versions of Second Life.

Teo: Wow, $5,000 is a LOT of money! I certainly did not lose nearly as much as you did... I guess it puts things in perspective a little.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed May 14, 2008 5:00 pm

dude contact paypal. if they have nothing for you, give him a bad review on paypal, so no one works with him.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby edededed on Wed May 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Sounds like a good idea, Fong.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed May 14, 2008 5:45 pm

yeah. if paypal can't find any payment from him matching what he posted, you can go to him about it as well, so he calls the same person at paypal. that might be best so you keep things peaceful. but once it's clear that he's a liar as well as a cheater, cut him loose with the review on paypal.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby qiphlow on Wed May 14, 2008 8:03 pm

or just hunt him down and beat him with sticks.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu May 15, 2008 7:31 am

qiphlow wrote:or just hunt him down and beat him with sticks.

+1
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic