Time for Rush Limbaugh to GO

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Time for Rush Limbaugh to GO

Postby yieldingxxx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 am

We got Glenn Beck off FAUX NEWS, but now it's time to get Rush off the airwaves too. The man is of dispicable character in millions of folks minds. For three days now, he has personally attacked and demonized this courageous young woman, Sandra Fluke, for standing up for herself and women in general. Fluke is a very well spoken 3rd year law student at Georgetown, and a fine upstanding young lady by all accounts, and this garbage-mouth ignoramus, Rush Limbaugh, calls her a Femi-NAZI, a slut and a prostitute, and also said he wants her to video herself having sex so "we" can all see it. What a vile and ignorant man, and this is the NUMBER ONE LEADING VOICE FOR THE GOP. What a shameful bunch.

Folks I know have been writing to his sponsors petitioning to get him off the air, so far it's working...

Sleep Number, announced through a spokeswoman that it had also pulled its ads from Limbaugh's show. So did companies Legal Zoom, Citrix, Heart and Body Extract, AutoZone, and Quicken Loans. I read ProFlowers is also considering dropping his show too. It's time for Rush to go.

Last edited by yieldingxxx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
yieldingxxx
Wuji

Re: Time for Rush Liimbaugh to GO.

Postby yieldingxxx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:58 am

Since the Republicans wouldn't let her speak, only men, the Democrats held their own hearing, thanks to Nancy Pelosi.

Here's Sandra Fluke testifying; this is one fine young lady. I support her and all women in their quest for equal access to health care.

Rush is such a dunce, he picks on this particular woman? ::) I'd be very proud if this was my own daugher Still, calling her a femi-nazi, a slut, and a prostitute, offering her "aspirins" is just over the line for me.

On Chris Matthews show: Rush offers to pay for ASPIRINS

Last edited by yieldingxxx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
yieldingxxx
Wuji

Postby river rider on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:31 pm

It'd be nice, but... there are a LOT of downright varmits out there. Watching the Repuplican debates gives some idea of the numbers, and how low they'll sink. When we sink his ad support, they'll probably start a March of Dimes or something to keep him on the air. Or buy him his own radio station. If any of the Christian churches and denominations that are backing this guy and his party really believed in Christianity's core tenets they'd be falling over each other to condemn this crap. Same for the Churches supporting the other side, and I haven't heard any outrage there either. If enough Amerians believed in the core civic virtues that this country was founded upon he'd never have even lasted this long. If so many of my fellow citizens weren't so infatuated with the current trashtalk slapdown Igotminefuckyou popular culture... ah well, pardon the rant. Here's my "haiku" for the day

Being human is an
ongoing decision other
decisions are possible

I'm getting to where I agree with some "primitive" cultures that believe you have to learn to be human... if you don't you're just another animal. (boy am I grumpy today)
river rider
Anjing

Postby yieldingxxx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:58 pm

river rider wrote:I'm getting to where I agree with some "primitive" cultures that believe you have to learn to be human... if you don't you're just another animal. (boy am I grumpy today)

Sounds good to me. I think we as a society are losing our compassion and empathy, and even more importantly, critical thinking skills.
Last edited by yieldingxxx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yieldingxxx
Wuji

Re: Time for Rush Limbaugh to GO

Postby yieldingxxx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Well, looks like Rush apologized today, but I'm sure it had nothing to do with him losing 7 or 8 major sponsors of his show now does it? :o Some apology too....

"For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke. I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit? In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level. My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."
Last edited by yieldingxxx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yieldingxxx
Wuji

Postby Interloper on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Maybe we're missing a larger point --- that Limbaugh makes his living by being provocative and outrageous. He rakes in the audiences, including those who violently disagree. They still hear the sponsors' advertisements, and that's good enough for the producers of the programming.

Limbaugh is not the first person to broadcast over-the-top opinions over the airways. He's just the one we' have in our lifetimes.

;)
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby river rider on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Sorry I forgot to add the sponsors to my list of varmits... they make me think of the old Oscar Wilde quote about the man who "knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing."
river rider
Anjing

Postby yieldingxxx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Interloper wrote:Maybe we're missing a larger point --- that Limbaugh makes his living by being provocative and outrageous. He rakes in the audiences, including those who violently disagree. They still hear the sponsors' advertisements, and that's good enough for the producers of the programming.

Limbaugh is not the first person to broadcast over-the-top opinions over the airways. He's just the one we' have in our lifetimes.

;)

You are certainly correct as usual Interloper, but what bothers me is that this guy isn't just a radio entertainer, he is one of the leading voices for the GOP. In fact, folks may be surprised to know that it's Rush who gives a lot of the republican congress their talking points. Some folks even believe that Rush has more power and influence in right-wing circles than their own elected representatives.

Yes, this is how Rush makes his money, i.e., slinging fear and smear, attacking democrats and liberals, etc., but it's another thing when Congress starts mimicking Rush's own talking points on the Senate floor (which they do regularly). Last I checked, Rush Limbaugh has the largest audience on radio, and for that matter, 93% of talk radio is right wing. But when I think about it, 70% or more (est: 30% are self-identified democrats/liberals, and 40% are moderates/independents) of the USA is NOT far right, so I deem it (talk radio) more as a propaganda vehicle than commercial need.

Kudos to the sponsors who left his show, which is the real reason he apologized (sort of), since he might have become the next Glenn Beck, although from what I see, there is no difference whatsoever between the two.
yieldingxxx
Wuji

Postby yieldingxxx on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:00 am

river rider wrote:Sorry I forgot to add the sponsors to my list of varmits... they make me think of the old Oscar Wilde quote about the man who "knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing."

Hey, I'm just one guy, but I wrote to every single one of Rush's sponsors to voice my opinion, even found the email address of a couple of CEO's on that list. I did the same thing when Jay Severin was calling Hispanic women dogs, and other vile things.

Free speech works both ways. :D
Last edited by yieldingxxx on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
yieldingxxx
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Fwiw, I would rather have Limbaugh (or Beck,etc) say these vile things and then stand behind them. When they come out later and say, "You know me. I just say things like that," it makes it impossible to take him seriously enough to argue with. Personally, I don't think he should lose his job. I think he "says" what a lot of people think. But, it would be great if I thought he actually believed what he said. Hey, who am I to talk? He has millions of people who listen to his show every day. If they believe him, that's not my problem.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Steve James wrote:Fwiw, I would rather have Limbaugh (or Beck,etc) say these vile things and then stand behind them. When they come out later and say, "You know me. I just say things like that," it makes it impossible to take him seriously enough to argue with. Personally, I don't think he should lose his job. I think he "says" what a lot of people think. But, it would be great if I thought he actually believed what he said. Hey, who am I to talk? He has millions of people who listen to his show every day. If they believe him, that's not my problem.

Good point! Ye shall know them by their words and deeds so they are not a surprise.
It is those who hide their deeds with false patriotism that one cannot trust but discerning minds are onto the strategy so it's all good!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby JusticeZero on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:42 pm

I'd be more forgiving were it not for that incident where the chairman of the Republican National Committee was made to apologize for calling him "an entertainer" back in 2009. Clearly the guy isn't "just an entertainer" to them.
"Freedom is the ability to move in any direction you choose." - Mestre No
"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia
JusticeZero
Huajing

Postby gzregorz on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Does Rush seriously believe the tax payers are footing the bill? The whole argument was that the insurance companies should cover it.

And not that I really care but in my book, "I'm sorry, but..." isn't really an apology.

Saying that I don't think he should be censored but I have no idea why any female would listen to him.

I don't hear Rush complaining about having his viagara covered and you know he needs to use that to satisfy his forth wife, especially since he's on all those pain pills.
Last edited by gzregorz on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby yieldingxxx on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:30 am

gzregorz wrote: I don't hear Rush complaining about having his viagara covered and you know he needs to use that to satisfy his forth wife, especially since he's on all those pain pills.

;D

Yeah, I think it was on Lawrence O'Donnell where he noted that Rush has been married FOUR TIMES, and has not had a single child. Not one! So after twenty or more years of marriage with 4 different women, Rush has no children. Sure, he could be sterile, his wives could have 'issues' but I'd bet the house, he, and/or his wives have/are using birth control. Typical Rush. Hyberbole and bluster!

I only wish he would remain an entertainer and not a major voice and sometimes policy maker for the GOP.
yieldingxxx
Wuji

Postby Interloper on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:31 am

gzregorz wrote:Does Rush seriously believe the tax payers are footing the bill? The whole argument was that the insurance companies should cover it.

And not that I really care but in my book, "I'm sorry, but..." isn't really an apology.

Saying that I don't think he should be censored but I have no idea why any female would listen to him.

I don't hear Rush complaining about having his viagara covered and you know he needs to use that to satisfy his forth wife, especially since he's on all those pain pills.

Yes. The Limbaugh doth protest too much, methinks. (With apologies to Shakespeare and "Hamlet.")
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic