China's Elite Eat Pure Food as Babies Die

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: China's Elite Eat Pure Food as Babies Die

Postby qiphlow on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:30 pm

i love how this thread shifted gears all of a sudden.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:33 pm

Darthwing Teorist wrote:Steve, can I get more info on that men lactating thing? Do you have some online sources? I want to send my gf the info, because I told her about a Reuters story a few years ago about a widowed man who started breastfeeding his baby.

I don't have any recent information actually. There was an important article in Scientific American. I do have my students read this article for my folklore class (where I have to teach about gender roles, etc). http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/ ... ationships

I'm on my way to school, right now; but, you can probably get something on google with the query <male lactation stimulation progestrin (sp)?>

Again, the size of the gland is probably the fundamental limitation.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:56 pm

DeusTrismegistus wrote:
Steve James wrote:
DeusTrismegistus wrote:This just reaffirms that real nipples are the best nipples.

Hey, did you know that men can also lactate --and even breast-feed?

I knew there have been cases of men lactatiting but I never knew about breast feeding, unless they were the consumer of course.

All it takes is estrogen shots, and a bit of oxytocin.
Just as all it takes for a woman to become muscular and sport a fine beard and 'stache is testosterone shots.

It's called "secondary sex characteristics."
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:00 pm

The original article erroneously states that melamine is added to watered-down milk formula in China to "increase the protein content." Melamine is added because it -simulates- protein and tricks government nutrition-standards officials into thinking the formula has a higher protein content than it actually does. The dairies are trying to pull a fast one at the expense of innocent babies.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic