Palin Found Guilty

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Palin Found Guilty

Postby Teazer on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:05 am

Michael wrote:both say Obama released his certificate of live birth, which is NOT the same as an official "birth certificate"

In what way are they not the same thing?
Last edited by Teazer on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:31 am

Teazer wrote:
Michael wrote:both say Obama released his certificate of live birth, which is NOT the same as an official "birth certificate"

As if the difference makes any difference :) As a teen, my gov't sponsored summer work was at the Bureau of Birth and Death Records (at 1812 Arthur Ave, Bx). At that time, when you wanted a copy, it'd be a black negative. --because the actual certificate was white (in a book) and they didn't have copy machines yet. (Isaac Hayes was on the radio). Anyway, the headings on the certificate said "Certificate of Birth". But, I'm sure that no one ever asked for that; they asked for their Birth Certificate. I wouldn't be surprised if the titles of the certificates vary form state to state and that the exact wording hasn't changed more than once over the years.

This kind of hyper-legalistic attack is funny, though. I can imagine that, when there is eventually an hispanic candidate, someone will look back and say "Hey, there's no such thing as hispanic. Your birth certificate says 'white.'" ... Of course, when Anthony Quinn was born, there was no such thing as hispanic.

Anyway, is the argument really about the title on his papers? The way I look at it, if his mom was American, her son follows that condition. That's been American law since the 18th century (see http://books.google.com/books?id=oIJeUu ... &ct=result).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby LJN on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Palin is a Post turtle.

Does anyone know what a Post Turtle is?

It is a country person or a Military Term.

Lonnie
LJN
Mingjing

Postby Teazer on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:07 pm

<<The old man said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle."

The old man saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain, "You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just want to help the poor stupid guy get down." >>
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:54 pm

Teazer wrote:

My understanding is that a certificate of live birth is something you apply for after the fact, such as home delivery, taxi cab delivery, etc. Birth certificates originate at a hospital.
Michael

Postby LJN on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:43 am

Thanks Teazer

I would add that, you wonder what kind of idiot put a turtle up on a post.

She is a post turtle.
LJN
Mingjing

Postby Teazer on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:22 am

Michael wrote:My understanding is that a certificate of live birth is something you apply for after the fact, such as home delivery, taxi cab delivery, etc. Birth certificates originate at a hospital.

I guess we can wait & see if the Philip Berg lawsuit actually gets to court :)
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:34 am

(Dunno if it's been posted here before, but just in case...)

Just got this email from a friend:
>PBS has an online poll posted asking if Sarah Palin is qualified. Apparently the right wing knew about this in advance and are flooding the voting with YES votes.
>The poll will be reported on PBS and picked up by mainstream media. It can influence undecided voters in swing states.
>
>Please do two things -- takes 20 seconds.
>1) Click on link and vote yourself. Here's the link:
> http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html
>2) Then send this to people you know, and urge them to vote and pass it on.
>
>The last thing we need is PBS saying their viewers think Sarah Palin is qualified.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:31 pm

They oughta limit the poll to subscribers. Then, at least, they'd make some dough (and could measure the difference between before and after the election).

Anyway, there are plenty of Republicans who have come out saying that Palin wasn't the best choice (George Will, Bill Crystal, eg). I'd love to hear what Bill Buckley would have said.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby internalenthusiast on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Anchorage Daily News

http://www.adn.com/opinion/view/story/555236.html

"Palin vindicated?

Governor offers Orwellian spin

Published: October 13th, 2008 10:02 PM
Last Modified: October 13th, 2008 10:17 PM

Sarah Palin's reaction to the Legislature's Troopergate report is an embarrassment to Alaskans and the nation.

She claims the report "vindicates" her. She said that the investigation found "no unlawful or unethical activity on my part."

Her response is either astoundingly ignorant or downright Orwellian." etc...
Last edited by internalenthusiast on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby internalenthusiast on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 pm

Want Palin's e-mails? That'll be $15 million
Even at that price, many records won't be available until after the election

i don't mean to be ragging on palin, but...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27228287
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic