Who is this guy using CMA for racism?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Who is this guy using CMA for racism?

Postby Interloper on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Doesn't YouTube have a policy about posting hate-mongering videos?
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Yeah, but it didn't actually "say" anything hateful. It just implied "something." What that might be is up to the viewer's imagination. Using the word "Jewish" just allowed anyone who knows the rhetoric to be clued in to the whole mythology, with Jews being in control of the media,banks, educational system, political system, and the world in general, in addition to being the killers of Jesus. A Chinese person might be equally offended, if he thought that the video showed how militaristic the Chinese are. That's the way they portrayed the Japanese during WW2. You know ... "While the Japanese children are training in hand-to-hand combat, our kids are watching cartoons." It's done today, imo, with rap videos. Er, I mean that bigots use rap videos as examples of ... something --(as if all black people like rap)(or Jewish people own banks or real-estate).

To me, it's a bit ironic. I was looking for a Curtis Mayfield song on youtube. In it, he starts by using the n-word. I'm sure the song wasn't on youtube because of the language. Otoh, the song is about rejection of racism. Oh yeah, I remember now. I posted "Living for the City" by Stevie Wonder. They cut off a part of the dialog at the end, but that little bit was (imho) critical to the meaning of the song.

Anyway, I guess somebody out there in youtube-office has to decide what is and isn't hate-mongering.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:24 pm

There's a very new censorship policy on youtube that is an aquiesence to Sen. Lieberman's proposed bill on "terrorism", S1959. Take a look at this article and this article for the whole story.

Here is youtube video response to censorship on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUn3gE4bncg

Michael

Postby GrahamB on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:19 am

I don't know about you, but I'd rather watch a muppet play a piano than yet another soulless, boring, Chinese wu shu form, from somebody wearing silk pyjamas.

bork! bork! bork!
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:50 am

Exactly, who ever said TV is education?

TV is entertainment.

I too preferred seeing a muppet play the piano.
CaliG

Previous

Return to Off the Topic