Who is this guy using CMA for racism?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Who is this guy using CMA for racism?

Postby CaliG on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:02 am

Someone's using CMA for promote racism.

The title is Cheating Children: Jewish vs. Chinese Education

Anyone know who this racist is? (You definately don't need to watch the whole thing.)

His name is William and he lives in San Jose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/banjobilly

What's up with this guy? I hope he doesn't teach.

He should be boycotted from the CMA community for making these types of videos, there's already enough hate in the world.

I don't like posting his vid, but I think if someone knows who this guys trains with that teacher should know what he's putting out on the net.
Last edited by CaliG on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CaliG

Re: Who is this guy using CMA for racism?

Postby shawnsegler on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:13 am

There's no shortage of assholes who practice MA. More's the pity.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:39 am

I don't have sound on my computer, but I assume it's to show that the modern chinese wushu is absolute crap and that kids might have more benefit learning lessons from children's educational programs on tv?

Oddly enough, the kid wasting his time learning crap-waste-of-time wushu is way too old for the kids' show they were showing.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:42 am

Dude, sessemy street is trippy.....
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:44 am

Imo, it's not so much racist as typical anti-Jewish nonsense.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:27 pm

actually it's called Jewish vs Chinese Education. but yeah, typical anti-jewish crap.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Ben on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:33 pm

It came across as anti-Jewish to me. I wish people would just say what they want to say instead of making boring 10 minute videos.
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:09 pm

Racist or not, I say FTP!

actually it's called Jewish vs Chinese Education. but yeah, typical anti-jewish crap.

Correction noted and edited. Funny how he messed that up too...the video starts with the Chinese...

I wish people would just say what they want to say instead of making boring 10 minute videos.

Yes, there's definately no reason to sit through that whole thing...it's just a bunch of utter toilet.

I'm sure someone viewing this will run into to him, at least they'll know what a waste of space he is.

It is interesting to see how these racists try to justify their bigotry, watching this you would think every kid in China knows gongfu and there are no TV shows for toddlers.
Last edited by CaliG on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Postby Steve James on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:33 pm

Videos like that aren't designed to make people think.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ben on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:42 pm

I'm not looking to split hairs really but its kind of a pet peeve of mine when people use racist or racism as a blanket term. I have only seen true racism once or twice in my life. I see bigotry much more often and admit that I can be guilty of it at times. Calling bigotry racism doesn't help though.
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Racism starts with racist views.
Last edited by CaliG on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaliG

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:19 am

I actually watched the whole video...and the problems with it have been addressed, but perhaps it brings up an important topic, so I'd like to add something about the American education system. Here's a website from Cheryl Iserbyt, Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration. She was shocked at what she found going on in the Dept. of Education and I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with Jews or Wu Shu, as vital as those topics are.

Her book, the deliberate dumbing down of america is "a chronological history of the past 100+ years of education reform. Each chapter takes a period of history and recounts the significant events, including important geopolitical and societal contextual information. Citations from government plans, policy documents, and key writings by leading reformers record the rise of the modern education reform movement. Americans of all ages will welcome this riveting expose of what really happened to what was once the finest education system in the world."

You can order it or read it online. She is also the woman who published the Congressional records of the 1953-54 Reese Commission investigation into the big non-profit endowments like Ford, Carnegie, Mellon, etc., and how they were carrying out an agenda, through the US education system, to make it possible to merge American society with the Soviet system. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true...and it happened. Past tense. Read about it.

Here's the 51 minute, 1982 video interview of Norman Dodd, chief investigator for the Reese Commission, talking about what he was told by the heads of the non-profits foundations and what he found in the minutes of the non-profit's meetings.

Why is Johnny incapable of basic math or problem solving? Because in the early part of the 20th century, groups like the National Banking Association wrote memos saying Americans were too smart and the education system needed to be taken over so we could be dumbed down enough not to know when we were being cheated by the bankers. I'm paraphrasing.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:49 am

Michael, Americans may be ... uninformed, but its not because any group decided in the early 20th century that Americans then were getting too smart. Imo, that's a mischaracterization. One reason for the public education system --that emerged around that time-- was the need for "trained" workers in the industrial age. This was just part of the shift from a primarily agrarian society of farmers to a highly industrialized workforce living in cities. As banking and wall street grew, the need for literate workers grew exponentially.

It's true that American school children (i.e., those who could get it) were better educated, in some respects, than the majority of school-age children are now. Case in point: right now I'm making up a test for a freshman class. One of the questions is --and I'm completely not shitting you-- "What year did Columbus arrive in the New World?" Now, I have already asked this question in a quiz: 50% of the class got it wrong. Half of them put 1942. Others had 15.. or 17.. something.

A shame, isn't it? How could someone not know something that important to their life story? When I was growing up, they might sit you in a corner with a pointy hat marked "DUNCE." These kids are even celebrating Columbus Day, but they've got no clue why. Yeah, it's a shame, I tell 'em. But, I also ask them questions like "What peoples did Columbus meet in the New World?" and "Who is the Rock of Gibraltar named after?" Those facts are important, too.

Anyway, I think you can separate the idea of "education" from the content of that education. It's true that the 20th century idea of education has morphed into "training." Yep, just as you might argue, training to be easily influenced. But, hey, in some parts of the country, the people want creationism to be taught in science class. I think there's a dumbing down, or a lack of expectation. Some have called it the "Bush standard." Others see it as "anti-intellectualism." I just don't think the bankers are behind it.

For my community, there is a visible history of social anti-education policies. There were laws that made it illegal to teach them to read and write. But, they learned anyway, even at the cost of punishment. The Supreme Court upheld the concept that it was ok to have separate schools for whites and blacks. That didn't change until 1954. Still, there were people who risked their lives by going to the U. of Mississippi and in Texas. In the 60s, those people demanded that the educational institutions included courses about them, which led to ethnic studies departments of other cultures.

Point is; nobody is responsible for your or your child's education except you. If you want it, there's no one and nothing that can stop you. Malcolm said that "Anyone who depends on his oppressor for an education or a vocation is a fool." If you could afford to home school, you should do it. I don't believe in attributing the blame for my miseducation on anyone.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 am

What I get from your post, and from other posts, is a rightfully optimistic attitude that individuals have power over their own lives. But Steve, if I push you, you fall...unless you have a good root. Damn! I can't use this analogy with taijiquan players. :o :-[

Anyway, I agree with you and also with the Malcolm quote, but there are forces that get predictable results. Are you arguing that if I had millions of dollars I couldn't achieve something I wanted by influencing large groups of people to my way of thinking? That argument doesn't hold water on Madison Avenue or in Goebbel's Berlin. As far as the American education system, the evidence is there, the results are there, and I'm concluding cause and effect.

LOL @ the Columbus Day and 1492. Didn't you teach them the wonderful ditty:
"In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue."
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:18 am

Well, I can agree that there's an effect, but disagree about the cause. Of course, madison Av. specializes in influencing the way people think. Big business, such as the finance and insurance companies, have always been linked to the exploitation of someone. "Manifest Destiny" is an idea that was "sold" to the American people as much as the idea of the "savage Red man."

I am arguing about education with the officers at my college right now. I can tell you that the students' educations have been sacrificed, but not to make them dumb. Yet, it is about money. The NYS gov't --before the market downturn-- reduced the education budget by 50 million bucks. Classes in public schools are still over-crowded, etc. Yet, at my college, the Chair came to me and said that "they" were thinking about offering a literature course during the winter holiday (inter-session). I told him that I didn't believe that I could teach a 3 month course in 3 weeks. I don't believe in summer literature courses either --because students are generally unable to read all the work anyway. Many of them are proud to say that they got a C, but never read the book.

So, the Chair told me that they might do it anyway. Ok, I'm on several committees; and at one meeting, I pulled the President of the college aside and told him what I thought. I emphasized that I thought it would be cheating the student, even though I'm sure that they would be able to find someone --other than myself-- to teach it. After all, there was even "extra-compensation" involved. Anyway, the Prez agreed. Two weeks later, I get this memo from my chair that had been forwarded from the Dean. It talked about the potential of offering the course, and asked if anyone was interested ???

This is long, but let me back up for a moment. Less than a week ago, I was asked to prepare "Learning Outcomes" for 3 classes. They're complicated, but let's just say that they are now suggested/required for a college to be reaccredited. Essentially, they are statements describing specifically what the students are expected to "learn" (i.e., to do and know). Writing these outcomes requires a lot of thought. But, it's like answering the question "why" I think you should know this. Easy enough, right :) There must be a reason why we should be taught that Columbus "discovered" America. Aha! You see, do we really want to teach that? Or do we think that the students in our classes from PR. DR, Cuba and South America would benefit from learning about the peoples that Columbus met --who don't have any holidays. (Actually, Hispanic Heritage month ends this week).

Anyhow, back on topic. One of those 3 courses was Caribbean Literature, and it was going to be offered in the winter session. See the problem? I'm supposed to be writing this big long (quantifiable) Learning Outcome for a 3 month course --that incidentally was going to be included in a department "minor"-- to represent a 3 week, sissy-ass, content poor exercise in futility. Of course, the tuition would be the same. Get it?

So, I wrote back to the dean with my learning outcomes and a long note explaining why I was specifically against offering the course during the holidays. Moreover, I asked whether the college, itself, had an institutional "learning outcome" statement --which it does not. I pointed out that it was futile for me to write a detailed statement, which should accord with the college's, if the college didn't have one. But, of course, the reason we're being asked to produce these documents is not to promote learning. We're doing them because the accreditation institutions say we should have them. I.e., no relation between cause and effect.

Well, I bcced my statement to the Prez. The next day, I received a note from the dean thanking me for the work ... and saying that I'd be "happy to know" that the lit course would not be offered. It was a small victory. I just wanted to get it off my chest. But, I also wanted to point out that it is possible to negotiate the system. It's just a bureaucracy, not a plot.
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic