KRISS

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

KRISS

Postby Strange on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:01 pm

i think this is preety cool... directing the recoil downwards. i know its very ugly, but that is not the point. it must feel and shoot beautiful, no? wonder what would result if we marry this mechanism to a assault rifle platform, should be kick ass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEex2UChBtw
Last edited by Strange on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Re: KRISS

Postby C-Hopkins on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:15 pm

The Kriss is HOT.

I was looking into it recently-

Don't know anymore than what's on the sites, but I like it.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Strange on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:30 pm

yeah, i think its real sweet... the mechanical action. of course recoil cannot be eliminated completely, but i wonder if venting the propellent gas upwards from the barrel will make the gun even more controllable... like i say... sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLihOpXcdE

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/003785.html

quote comment:
"All great comments. Many people have thier prefferences about 9mm because of the higher magazine capacity. Some of you prefer 10mm and .40 because of higher velocity. And I agree, shot placement is great if you have the time to make it. But take it from a retired Houston cop. It is all about stopping power. If you don't believe me, ask the LAPD officers that were involved in the bank heist in L.A. about ten or fifteen years ago. They were all carrying 9mm and they could not take down the bad guys. They lost three officers that day because they were outgunned.

In 1982 my partner and I answered a call to a liquor store robbery. When we pulled up the guy was just exiting the store. He turned and started shooting at us with a .30 cal carbine. He had us pinned behind our patrol car. I dove to the ground and placed one shot with my Colt .45ACP into the only thing I could see. His legs. I hit him and he went straight to the ground. The shot to his shin bone hit with such force that it broke is hip. Now that's stopping power. (Your 9mm won't do that!) My partner about a year later hit a guy in the hand and wrist with his .45 Commander and it almost tore the guys arm off. They had to amputate it. Again, it is all about stopping power.

I say bring it on and issue one to every law enforcement officer in the country.

Posted by: caribncwby at October 21, 2007 01:15 PM"

blimey :-X
Last edited by Strange on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:29 pm

"ask the LAPD officers that were involved in the bank heist in L.A. about ten or fifteen years ago. They were all carrying 9mm and they could not take down the bad guys. They lost three officers that day because they were outgunned."

They ran down the steet to a gun store and "borrowed" AR 15's from the civilan shop owner's to fight off the robbers it was not a great day for the LAPD- where was swat???

45 ACP is a great round I like it alot- but not a death ray- a HK MP 5 in 10 MM would be just as if not more nasty with the right rounds.. The recoil of a 45 is not that bad- much less than a 357 IMO and much more EZ to shoot quickly.

The Kriss is cool weapon new and revolutionary? well maybe- how about a contest? like to see what it could do against a expert Thompson gunner with a 50/100 RD drum
WTH is Roland when you need him?? ;D

Nice weapon for sure- fun to see it- good find Strange
Last edited by Chanchu on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic