Longevity training

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Longevity training

Postby wiesiek on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:39 am

..Hugh Hefner method

3 tmes a day
w/o emission!
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:42 am

+
- breathing
- stay calm-
-eat raw food
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 am

Now that I've actually got a modicum of control over some of my bodies interior processess I've found myself going back to a lot of small but real profound health oriented practices I learned from Don Rubbo back in the day.

What's been the best about it isn't that my knowledge base has improved allthough it has, or that I'm more precise or efficient at what I'm doing, although I am. What's best is that I now have the patience to be mindful in simple neigong practices that are brought to fruition by being practiced patiently and mindfully.

I find myself more and more being wiped out by whatever thing in my life and taking some exercise like the inner smile or pulling and kneeding chi and doing it exclusively for a half an hour or an hour and getting really boss effect from it.

Learning to actually listen to my body and learning to rest when I need to and do things that are kind of a grind but trying to find some sort of pleasant rhythm and really being mindful. That's been the hardest thing.

It's hard to do things inside your body and not be goal oriented "I want to fix this, or whatever", but to do some practice and do it gently in your mind and body and modulate correctly for as long as is necessary regardless is straight up practicing medicine on yourself.

S- Just got up and going to maybe go outside and get some of that good morning chi.
Last edited by shawnsegler on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:28 am

gretel wrote:besides tai chi, i do water aerobics and circuit training (like Curves). take fish oil, calcium, vitamin D, multivitamins, vitamin B12, some weight training to stay ahead of the so-called inevitable muscle loss of aging. lately there was an article on how searching for stuff on the internet keeps one's brain working and i certainly do that.
that said, i'm getting a little tired of it. i'm 73 today and my innate laziness finds the idea of keeping up all this activity for 15 plus more years a bit daunting. i've been slacking off lately, and as i get older it becomes more and more obvious that you have to keep it up, keep moving, or it all goes very fast.
on the other hand, my grandchildren and new great-grandchild are great motivators to keep me on track so i can see how they turn out.

gretel

Wow. Thanks a lot for sharing your routine.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:32 am

shawnsegler wrote:Now that I've actually got a modicum of control over some of my bodies interior processess I've found myself going back to a lot of small but real profound health oriented practices I learned from Don Rubbo back in the day.

What's been the best about it isn't that my knowledge base has improved allthough it has, or that I'm more precise or efficient at what I'm doing, although I am. What's best is that I now have the patience to be mindful in simple neigong practices that are brought to fruition by being practiced patiently and mindfully.
[...]
It's hard to do things inside your body and not be goal oriented "I want to fix this, or whatever", but to do some practice and do it gently in your mind and body and modulate correctly for as long as is necessary regardless is straight up practicing medicine on yourself.

Yes. Brilliantly articulated. I do have some "want to fix this" stuff, but gonna try to do this patient, mindful practice better. Awesome.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby kreese on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Save more energy than you spend. Reduce wasteful expenditure of energy.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Walter Joyce on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:07 pm

Longevity practices?

I went down to the Crossroads and made a deal.

8-)
Last edited by Walter Joyce on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Don't underestimate the power of your thoughts and knowing this, avoid evil thoughts.

Avoid evil thoughts. What goes around comes around.
Last edited by Michael on Fri May 25, 2018 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby I-mon on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:43 am

damn hippies.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:48 am

Even worse: he's Canadian! :D
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic