treasure!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

treasure!

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 am

I was just moving around some stuff I'd had stored for awhile. Trying to re-guy-ify my space now that my ex has left.

Lots of old comic books and knick Knacks, but I found something I really treasure that I haven't seen for awhile.

It's a hand made training dagger ( There used to be two) that one of my two senseis in CA while I was going to college: Sensei Ernie Bennet had made. Ernie was some kind of metal worker for his day job and he punched this out of a sheet of some reasonably thick steel, and then the bottom is all wrapped in knotwork that is still pretty tight today. Very functional with his hands was that guy. It's a really beautiful thing from that idyllic first flush of my martial arts youth.

S- had a lot of fun at the Fresno city college martial arts club back in the day
Last edited by shawnsegler on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Re: treasure!

Postby qiphlow on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:39 am

fresno? i grew up just up the road from there, in merced.
i still get nostalgic for that smell of san joaquin valley cowshit in the summertime...

post some pics of the knives, yo.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:52 pm

Shit, man...I did not get that you were going through this. Sorry about your troubles, Shawn. Hope the redecorating goes well.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 pm

qiphlow wrote:fresno? i grew up just up the road from there, in merced.
i still get nostalgic for that smell of san joaquin valley cowshit in the summertime...

post some pics of the knives, yo.

Is that what it is? My goodness, I was never sure but always dreaded going through Fresno without a gas mask. Almost as bad as Savannah or Amarillo. No offense to any residents of these fair cities, I'm sure you all have lovely dinner theater.
Michael

Postby qiphlow on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:19 am

fresno is hardly a "fair city." IIRC, it may have been high on a list of unattractive cities once.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:35 pm

My parents live in Panama City, FL - the stinky sewer plant is near the god-awful stinky wood pulp mill and the wind co-mingles those two aromas to make one evil stench. Gorgeous white sand beaches, stomach-turning ass and wood stank. Blech. -puke-

Gary, Indiana smells like a hobo who eats cigarette butts. Youngstown too!
Bär
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic