jerry alan johnson?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

jerry alan johnson?

Postby dspyrido on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:22 pm

Over a decade ago I enjoyed reading parts of jerry alan johnson's books "essence of internal arts vol1 & 2". Wrt to the more speculative parts I had a chat to his co-author joseph & he mentioned to read it with a grain of salt (ie dont take it too seriously especially the taoist sexual stuff).

Roll forward & I still think the good parts are still good but I have noticed now he has gone deep into qigong & taoist religion/magic. Which got me thinking - anyone actually trained with him or anyone he taught? Is he genuine in his study of the obscure or is he full of it?

Just curious because his qigung books are pretty well rated on amazon (which is easy to boost up).
dspyrido
Wuji

Re: jerry alan johnson?

Postby Dale Dugas on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:54 pm

He seems to have changed direction and now promotes a lot of Mao Shan based Qigong and ceremonies.

Mao Shan is some pretty heavy duty stuff. Shen Gong spirit possessions etc.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby dspyrido on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Dale Dugas wrote:Mao Shan is some pretty heavy duty stuff. Shen Gong spirit possessions etc.

Agree which makes the whole transition more confusing. His books were not bad with some good conditioning routines. On seeing his switch to a pretty secretive & recluse sect and then publishing books at premium $$$ it got me wondering...
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:33 am

Taoistic exorcist way? O:)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Mao Shan is the center of what is essentially Taoist black magic. Not a nice place.

If you look at how JAJ's appearance has changed over the last several years this is quite consistent with spirit possession.

His books an qigong are good and from a theoretical standpoint are very accurate and applicable.

I wouldn't go within fifty feet of him as a teacher at this point.

Shamanism has a lot of things associated with it that tend to end badly for a practitioner. My advice is stay away from that stuff.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby dspyrido on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Peacedog wrote:Mao Shan is the center of what is essentially Taoist black magic. Not a nice place.

Now you got me curious! I visited mao shan and went to a couple of temples as an ignorant tourist. I thought it was pretty and heard of stories of the monks in the mountains but they were never whispered in ominous tones. More like holy yogi's.

Peacedog wrote:If you look at how JAJ's appearance has changed over the last several years this is quite consistent with spirit possession.

His books an qigong are good and from a theoretical standpoint are very accurate and applicable.

I wouldn't go within fifty feet of him as a teacher at this point.

Shamanism has a lot of things associated with it that tend to end badly for a practitioner. My advice is stay away from that stuff.

Yes he is looking a bit out there but then again most women with too much plastic surgery are creapier.

Thanks on the thoughts of qigong books. They got me started on the ot as I found that his writing in his older books was not that bad and he sometimes did a good job of cutting through esoterism.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:43 pm

Peacedog wrote:If you look at how JAJ's appearance has changed over the last several years this is quite consistent with spirit possession.

Just curious if you can describe any specifics about that observable symptom.

Is it something as obvious as the typical Anton LeVay type or Joe Jackon (father of singer Michael) type of "bright eye" look? I see that in people who've lost control of their sex drive through rituals and associated practices, or incorrect kundalini, etc.

There are definitely geni's you can't put back in the bottle. Yikes!
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:57 pm

The bright eye thing is there as a sign in some people.

Radical changes in behavior that seem to occur over night and don't change with time. Sometimes they will have trouble remembering things that happened in their past. Spontaneously knowing new languages. All big signs.

The main two though are significant changes to body appearance over a 3 to 5 year period. For those with energy awareness, being near the person feels "wrong." It's like two things are squeezed into a bottle with the dominant one on top. Hard to explain, but you will know what I am talking about if you experience it.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:44 am

I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby amor on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:33 am

Michael wrote:
Is it something as obvious as the typical Anton LeVay type or Joe Jackon (father of singer Michael) type of "bright eye" look? I see that in people who've lost control of their sex drive through rituals and associated practices, or incorrect kundalini, etc.

It's often written that people who masturbate too much, on countless "why you should not masturbate too much" sites, end up with a 'floaty eye' syndrome in some cases. Perhaps the 'bright eye' thing is the corresponding spiritual manifestation of too much astral sex -shrug-
Last edited by amor on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
amor
Wuji

Postby kenneth fish on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Old Russian Saying: "whether the water is salt or fresh, shit floats"

Jerry is claiming a PhD now? And he is "a licensed doctor of TCM in China"? To the best of my knowledge he does not speak, read or write Chinese with any facility. I notice that his websites and facebook pages also do not list the institutions that conferred these degrees. Now he is into Taoist Black Magic ("Chinese Black Magic?" "The blackest...")(cue lightening bolts from finger tips...) .. Jerry is a master of finding what will sell to a gullible, well heeled audience.

Edit: Just found his CV. The "insitutions" he lists will provide credentials to the select few who are able to write a check. The academic equivalent of getting your diploma out of a cracker-jacks box.
Last edited by kenneth fish on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby muttaqi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Two out of two Black Magic practitioners prefer 'Real Black - Just For Men Moustache & Beard'.

ImageImage
muttaqi
Mingjing

Postby amor on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:22 am

Muttaqi

Are those two pictures in the post above of JAJ? I know the one on the right definitely is but what about the one on the left, I can't tell if it is an older, slightly porkier, and more sinister looking JAJ (as Peacedog alluded to), concerning the demonic possession, blackmagic etc.

Image This is Satanic Jerry?
amor
Wuji

Postby muttaqi on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:07 am

No, the one on the left was of Anton Levay - founder of the Church Of Satan.
Rumor has it they both went to the same stylist.
muttaqi
Mingjing

Postby kenneth fish on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:21 pm

I think they are channeling Count Dante, but can never achieve his level of cool.

[url][URL=http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/changxianglong/media/john_zpsc86a5cea.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
Last edited by kenneth fish on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic