The Russians are coming.

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The Russians are coming.

Postby Muad'dib on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:22 pm

My sons are ranked #9 and #22 in the UK for Epee. That being said, everyone in the UK admits they are weak at fencing. Next stop in Moscow should toughen them up. Hell, even my wife fences now. It's pretty bad ass, and having fenced and done kendo much more of Chinese sword makes sense now. That being said, I don't think jian is particularly well practiced, and as with anything, forms will only get you so far.
Last edited by Muad'dib on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Azer on Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Muad'dib wrote:Azer, only here for another six months. I work down in Mayfair, and these days I fence rather than practice internal, but I might be up for visiting. Where do you guys practice?

We're up in Kentish Town every Tue and Thur. It's about 15-20 min out of Green Park, by tube. If you ever want to grab a coffee or a beer, let me know, I work down the road, in Hanover Square.
"All around, dude, try to imagine cold, cause the van is kinda hot, wrap the rat in tacky coat" - Duke Duke
Azer
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Muad'dib wrote:My sons are ranked #9 and #22 in the UK for Epee. That being said, everyone in the UK admits they are weak at fencing. Next stop in Moscow should toughen them up. Hell, even my wife fences now. It's pretty bad ass, and having fenced and done kendo much more of Chinese sword makes sense now. That being said, I don't think jian is particularly well practiced, and as with anything, forms will only get you so far.

If you ever get a chance it might be interesting for you and Vadaga aka. Danny to meet up.

He's from Massachusetts and also has and does Wu/Kendo.

He also speaks more languages than I can name off. I think he also studied law too!

Also like you he's also constantly flying around the world.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:22 pm

grzegorz wrote:Here's the link for Putin's Way.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/putins-way/

Shocked! Shocked I say to find that at a time when the US/UK/NATO are putting sanction on Russia, that there might be a video report opening with allegations of corruption against Putin. Completely shocking to me and Uncle Joe*. ;D

*Uncle Joe was Stalin's nickname during WW2.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Michael wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Here's the link for Putin's Way.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/putins-way/

Shocked! Shocked I say to find that at a time when the US/UK/NATO are putting sanction on Russia, that there might be a video report opening with allegations of corruption against Putin. Completely shocking to me and Uncle Joe*. ;D

*Uncle Joe was Stalin's nickname during WW2.

I realize that you're kidding but keep in mind that a large part of the footage concerning the thwarted attack came directly from witnesses on Russian TV in 1999. I doubt the CIA is that capable.

Don't be fooled by flags. If it were Obama or Bush this stuff would be all over the internet with a zillion views. If it's Putin for some he gets a free pass. That's no different from Mix's knee jerk reaction of trying to justify China's high capital punishment rate because if its high population.

May the Falun Gong be with him always. ;)
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:37 pm

I didn't finish watching the Frontline video yet, was DL from the free youtube links. I'll check the other one you posted specifically about the 1999 attacks. I'm glad you posted these vids. :)
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Michael wrote:I didn't finish watching the Frontline video yet, was DL from the free youtube links. I'll check the other one you posted specifically about the 1999 attacks. I'm glad you posted these vids. :)

Obviously it's impossible to know what exactly happened by just watching a couple of videos. But enjoy them while you can I hear the PRC is trying to tighten it's control of the internet.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:36 pm

grzegorz wrote:Obviously it's impossible to know what exactly happened by just watching a couple of videos. But enjoy them while you can I hear the PRC is trying to tighten it's control of the internet.

Yup, exactly. Good to at least be conversant on the accepted facts so you can keep some accurate head space for it, if that's important to you.

Past few years it has felt like the Great Firewall has been in testing mode this time of the year just to see how well they could interfere with VPN's and other ways of communication.
Michael

Postby gzregorz on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:22 am

Michael wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Obviously it's impossible to know what exactly happened by just watching a couple of videos. But enjoy them while you can I hear the PRC is trying to tighten it's control of the internet.

Yup, exactly. Good to at least be conversant on the accepted facts so you can keep some accurate head space for it, if that's important to you.

Past few years it has felt like the Great Firewall has been in testing mode this time of the year just to see how well they could interfere with VPN's and other ways of communication.

The PRC is well aware of the dangers the internet. Not sure how they can stop it but I hope other countries don't follow their model. But perhaps it's too late, between reading our emails and blocking out the news I can only hope that technology moves too fast for them and by that I mean all governments.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 am

As Bailewen pointed out, they've created their own huge internet of their own, so most people here don't care too much they can't get out any more than they don't care that they have no idea where they are physically / geographically. They don't know what they're missing.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:39 am

Yeah, I remember having a conversation in China with a lady about Mao. I mentioned that Mao killed more Chinese than the Japanese and she said it was okay because he was one of us. Combine that with the Chinese believing only that which is popular it's no surprise that most Chinese just ignore politics altogether. But I do believe things like the race riots against the Xin Jiang are seen as a national security issue, as I remember it the internet played a big role.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Today's news in Ukraine, who just attacked the Donetsk airport. Happened to coincide with US delivery of weapons to Eastern Europe and US military in Kiev.

Ukrainian military conduct massive attacks on Donetsk airport — Donetsk republic spokesman
http://itar-tass.com/en/world/772000
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Russians rebels kill 30 in a market in Maripol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30967949

Despite international calls for a new ceasefire, rebels vowed just a day ago that they would continue their offensive

http://www.euronews.com/2015/01/24/at-l ... -mariupol/
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby emptycloud on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:19 am

Michael wrote:Today's news in Ukraine, who just attacked the Donetsk airport. Happened to coincide with US delivery of weapons to Eastern Europe and US military in Kiev.

Ukrainian military conduct massive attacks on Donetsk airport — Donetsk republic spokesman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=8 ... XdJkU#t=31
emptycloud

Postby Michael on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:09 am

emptycloud wrote:
Michael wrote:Today's news in Ukraine, who just attacked the Donetsk airport. Happened to coincide with US delivery of weapons to Eastern Europe and US military in Kiev.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=8 ... XdJkU#t=31

A large artillery attack on Donetsk, then "Oh, let's make peace,", then US soldiers and advisors deployed, then some false flag in Mariupol attempting to show Donestk attacking Kiev. Hmmnnn....let me try and figure this out.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That