Obama fights election fraud

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Obama fights election fraud

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:32 am

Steve James wrote:Well, the story with ACORN is that there were some workers who made $8 p/h for registering people. So, they gave cigarettes and other perks to homeless people in exchange for them registering to vote. It's a screwed up practice, and ACORN operates primarily in lower-income areas, which voters are wooed the hardest by the Democrats. They really don't need to be in bed with the Democratic party, anyway.

It's easy to condemn such practices. They're wrong, obviously. But, it is not the same as trying to use the law to prevent legitimate votes being counted. Iinm, ACORN pointed out some of the bad practices on its own. They disagree on the extent of the problem.

Funny, though, the last two elections have been controversial, too. Why would anyone believe that the same thing wouldn't happen this time, and that those who have done it already wouldn't continue to do. "Past action is the best predictor of future action."

Acorn is perpetrating all kinds of fucking voting fraud. They registered CATS in ohio for gods sakes. They were telling people who to vote for. See Ohio did this retarded vote the same day you register crap where Acorn regostered a bunch of people who cannot be verified easily and told them to vote for the big O. Its well documented and it even happened in dayton where I live. So no, it isn't republican spin. That stupid Brunner also tried to get a ton of republican votes thrown out earlier this year already but the state supreme court shot her down. The majority of the 200k voter registrations that are in question are in question precisely because they are expected to be fraudulent. Don't forget that Obama's campaign gave $800k to an acorn branch. He has also worked closely with them in the past to promote voter registration, according to his own words before this ever went public.

To even say that the freaking lawsuit against Brunner was to try and steal the election is freaking retarded, they were trying to stop the dems from stealing it. Looks like they might succeed since homeless have already voted in multiple counties in ohio being driven around by Acorn peeps while told to vote for obama.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:02 am

Like I said, the people at ACORN who have committed fraud should be caught and dealth with. But, I don't think that the "peeps" had to be told to vote for Obama. So, I don't think that anything is being "stolen" from John McCain. Personally, I think voting should be mandatory. Now, "repeat-voting" is much more serious, and the chances of a cat doing an absentee vote is possible... but can be checked. If pussy shows up at the polling station, I'm sure someone will notice.

To me "stealing the election" involves practices like eliminating voters, not adding them. For instance, on CNN, there is a story about how people whose houses have been foreclosed are being challenged as voters ... because their current addresses don't match the one they registered under originally.

We can assume, though, that there will be voting irregulaties carried on by supporters of both candidates, as there have been every election. There are still those who say that GB didn't win either election. Well, the first he won because of his brother --gov. of the deciding state; and the second because of the Supreme Court, who ruled that it wouldn't be practical to do a recount, and Kerry didn't demand it. So, yeah, everybody worries about election fraud and malpractices.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:18 am

Steve James wrote: If pussy shows up at the polling station, I'm sure someone will notice.

Shiiiit, I know I would. ;D

Registering voters isn't the same as casting votes. They are not equal, and the Supreme Court has allready ruled against these charges which says THEY did not believe that there is grounds or sufficient evidence to verify these claims.

I think they are privy to more information than we are, and are more professionally qualified to judge the situation.

Everything else is conjecture.
Last edited by C-Hopkins on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 am

C-Hopkins wrote:
Steve James wrote: If pussy shows up at the polling station, I'm sure someone will notice.

Shiiiit, I know I would. ;D

Registering voters isn't the same as casting votes. They are not equal, and the Supreme Court has allready ruled against these charges which says THEY did not believe that there is grounds or sufficient evidence to verify these claims.

I think they are privy to more information than we are, and are more professionally qualified to judge the situation.

Everything else is conjecture.

No, in Ohio, they allowed a one week period where you could register and vote in the same day a month early. Most of those ballots are from that period of time. These are not provisional ballots, they are not absentee ballots. These are normal ballots put in a month early. During that week Acorn was doing their crazy shit, and there are multiple accounts of people being told who to vote for by Acorn members in this state. These are 200,000 registrations and potentially fraudulent votes with plenty of evidence that they need to be verified because of the higher than usual chances of being fraudulent. Everyone I know is pissed that they were even allowed to vote early. Its a bullshit move in the first place. Most people I know believe all the early votes should be thrown out and anyone who registered can show up at the polls on election day like everyone else. Oh except that guy from Maryland that voted in Ohio due to a loophole in the Ohio absentee ballot law.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:18 am

They should definitely fix what they can fix. Having the suspected ballots reviewed and inspected is fine. Start right now.
But, make sure that everyone's vote is counted. Extend or reopen the registration period. Do whatever it takes to make sure that illegal votes are disqualified AND legitimate votes are counted.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:24 am

Steve James wrote:They should definitely fix what they can fix. Having the suspected ballots reviewed and inspected is fine. Start right now.
But, make sure that everyone's vote is counted. Extend or reopen the registration period. Do whatever it takes to make sure that illegal votes are disqualified AND legitimate votes are counted.

I completely agree. What happened here was some republicans sued Jennifer Brunner to force her to verify these questionable ballots because she was saying it isn't her responsibility and there isn't enough time. A lower court ruled she had to do it. She appealed claiming there wasn't enough time to check them and that it wasn't her responsibility to help the counties verify votes. The supreme court agreed on a technicality as near as I can tell, which while getting what Jennifer Brunner wants it does not help make sure we are not victims of voter fraud.

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby internalenthusiast on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:15 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 5#27313887

on blocking the vote.

btw, in a clip on rachel maddow's show, palin said the VP was in charge of the senate. news to me.
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:57 am

internalenthusiast wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/27314405#27313887

on blocking the vote.

btw, in a clip on rachel maddow's show, palin said the VP was in charge of the senate. news to me.

Thats about as biased liberally as limbaugh is conservatively.

VP does have some power in the Senate but the main role is to be a tiebreaker.

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 am

This is all the Consitution says--and Consitution Day wasn't that long ago :)

"The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided."

The VP is part of the Executive Branch,not the Legislative. There's no need to bring her to task for not knowing. Besides, the VP is not even essential as president. If he or she isn't there, someone else does the job. The only time the VP is required (and has a vote) is in the case of a tie. It's stretching it to think of that as influence or power.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:55 am

Power more through virtue of the position I imagine. Just like presidents can't actually propose legislation but these candidates all have plans to introduce.

I also heard the Cheney has somehow expanded the influence of the VP over the senate but never heard how or in what manner.

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:27 am

I think it was through glower power.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 am

DeusTrismegistus wrote:Power more through virtue of the position I imagine. Just like presidents can't actually propose legislation but these candidates all have plans to introduce.

No Senator has any Constitutional obligation to listen to the VP in his position as senate president, and President's never "vote" in the legislatures. Palin was saying that, "as President of the Senate", she had influence. It's not a big thing, but it's just not true.

DeusTrismegistus wrote:I also heard the Cheney has somehow expanded the influence of the VP over the senate but never heard how or in what manner.

Well, the Bush-Cheney team have consistently appointed lawyers that have reinterpreted Constitutional issues to satisfy their desires. For ex., giving immunity to telecompanies who leaked info about their customers. I.e., people do something illegal, then question the legality, then change the law, then when the law is shot down by the Supreme Court, they give the perpetrators immunity. Viz. Gitmo.

I forget its name at the moment, but Cheney offered his own version of the place of the VP. He has certainly been the most influential VP in anyone's memory.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:41 am

Michael wrote:I think it was through glower power.

Does that mean Palin will have "Tit Power"?

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Oh my goodness, she seems to want to portray herself as having "The Cute" power.
Michael

Postby C-Hopkins on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:33 pm

I think MILF power perhaps.

Or Pussy Power. Take your pick.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic