The Real Presidential Debate

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The Real Presidential Debate

Postby klonk on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:49 pm

It's the Al Smith celebrity roast and fund raiser, an American institution. Hear the candidates poke fun at each other, and themselves. Those pressed for time can skip the moderator's remarks and then watch the first half. ;)

It seems to me that those who have, in various venues, portrayed McCain as a humorless assassin, a dotard fool, and other friendly evaluations, could benefit from listening to this, and also those who think Obama is the Antichrist.

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Re: The Real Presidential Debate

Postby nianfong on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:07 pm

a little late man... ;)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2125
nianfong
Administrator

Postby klonk on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Well, I can't be everywhere. The short, take away lesson from the vid is that the principals in this acrimonious campaign are friends and colleagues, they only differ on where we should steer the ship of state.

I haven't been around much because it seemed to me you squeched some discussions that tended toward assininity on the right, and did not squelch the same from the left.

This is not a face issue, you have your responsibilities and exercise them the best you can. So do we all. Like this: Three Koreans come into a Japanese bar and start throwing their weight around, who is the bouncer going to eject, three Koreans, or the hundred Japanese?

Likewise, Emptyflower seems to be full of leftist sentiment, and will likely remain...full of it.

;) Best wishes,

Klonk
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:59 am

that reads an awful lot like whining.
oh well.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:06 am

Darn it, I was waiting for a punch line on the Japanese bar joke. :'(
Michael

Postby C-Hopkins on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:15 am

Klonk's feelings are hurt.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:29 pm

someone call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance! :)
Chris Fleming

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:18 am

Michael wrote:Darn it, I was waiting for a punch line on the Japanese bar joke. :'(

Yeah, he left us all hanging here. Get it? "Left"?

И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:36 pm

Michael, Teo: Sorry, the punchline is, "What were you expecting? Sukiyaki?" I thought everyone knew that one.

The rest of youse: Pbffttt!

:D
klonk
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic