First Lady Tai-chi

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: First Lady Tai-chi

Postby Patrick on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:45 pm

::)
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:14 am

Death isn`t black , white or whatever colour .
She just doesn`t know :)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:33 pm

"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Patrick on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:00 pm

A Black man goes to college...oh no what has the World come to? A purple, Blue, magenta but Black!?
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:34 am

Taste, looks that you have the problem , men,
I feel sorry for you,
really,
I never judge humans from flashing, right into the eyes, attributes , :) /sorry, It is not the truth if we considering female :P /
but
seems to me that Afro -Americans, or more darker than pure white skin colour, forms Black Wing of the K.K.K. or something. % may vary, depends of the state or district .
However, I have to confess, that after my long stay in US, it looks that much more >black< are racist than >white<
more educated >white< feel sorry for the slavery for sure , :D
but, have no idea why educated black are so fucking sensitive ?
probably they underestimated themself, in their own mind,
`cause they are black, fuck :o
sorry, don`t getting this white/black crap, particularly in the US.
Slavery is in the past, "darker" part of the US society has the rights, not from yesterday, they can live on relatively higher levels than rest of the word,
U can go to college and do what you like.
so
HTFU
do not try like O.J. play racial card to win, it happen to often -faint-
2 eu cents
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:12 am

Well, the post was directed toward Taste. I don't know him, but I don't know why it is/was assumed that he is a Black American. I guess it's because of two posts: one with beautiful (imo) Black women and the other about Black scores on test (i.e., smart Black people). In effect, he was defending them from contentions about their lack of attractiveness and intelligence.

Ok, playing the game, there are two choices: either ToD is AA or not. First, I'm going to assume that he is --though I don't think he so. I tell my students, particularly my Black students, that showing the successes of other Black people is always useless. They'll be considered "exceptions" and "credits to their race" or the recipients of some type of special circumstance or treatment. That's because the people who judge them (i.e. "you") invariably start from the premise that they (or their race) are superior (meaning more attractive, smarter, more industrious, and less prone to violence). And, they'll end up asking you why you can't try to be better or tell you to just accept the fact that you can't be better. I.e.,"You black, and that's it." :)

To those people, you can't be equal; and you're a fool if you try. It only makes them feel more superior. In fact, if anyone does anything to try to be equal to others, they already consider themselves inferior. Don't worry about coming up to the level of others when you can't be sure they're even at yours. Thus, I agree with wiesiek that it'd be sad if a Black person were trying to prove his worth to White people.

Otoh, if ToD is not Black, I say thanks for the attempt, but as you see it doesn't work, is unnecessary (for those who are already aware), and may only get you grief. RSF is way better than the general internet when it comes to these types of discussions. However, in general, there aren't that many African Americans; so, the conversation is usually among White Americans and Europeans.

Let me just say that it's fun to listen to expert and amateur opinions (of the beautiful and intelligent) about oneself. It's natural that when groups compare themselves to others, they see themselves more favorably. It's much the same way that Western Europeans see themselves as superior to Eastern Europeans :) Few intelligent persons would argue that Poles are less intelligent than English or Germans, anymore.

Anyway, like I said, this thread is a case study in process. I think it's interesting that there's the expectation of "group-think" if a person is a certain color.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:42 am

Steve, you know this old" Polish joke "- "how many Poles you need for bulb exchange"?
You just change the nations/minority, whatever , truly international all over the earth joke :)
-stereotypes ,
T.D., acted somehow this way , what made my porridge taste bad ;)
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:12 am

:) I know you know the way some people think of the Polish in EU. In the US, it exists too, except that here, Polish just becomes another form of White. Some here will even remind us that the word "slave" comes from the name of the "Slav." But, "Slavs" and "Chechs" also become White here. It happened in England between the English and the Scots and Irish. All of them naturally see themselves as different, when they're in Europe. There are even stats that show the differences in terms of success (as in which countries are pulling the EU down) as well as beauty, etc.

Imo, if you think of the way Europeans stereotype themselves, it'll be easier to understand the "black/white"-think in the US. Pointing out that Copernicus was Polish does not change anyone's stereotype. But, the point of my post was that Black Americans shouldn't take other peoples' stereotypes of them seriously. I mean, it's like trying to prove that one is a human being. If the other person doesn't realize it, it isn't worth the time to explain and it might just be impossible.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:05 am

:) btw Copernicus was good educated German from Poland ! :D

/endless diss., in progress ;) /
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 am

Copernicus was good educated German from Poland !

Yeah, but people will adopt him as a brilliant example of their "race," but still make "dumb Polack" jokes. :)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 pm

@This thread: Just fucking wow.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Gentlemen, can we kindly get this thread back on track?

There are some serious issues to be debated here.

SNIP
on a side note, I agree with Kevin Wallbridge... all women are beautiful
SNIP

Then you and Wallbridge need to see a good optician - or for a real lesson, simply visit England. Believe me, as a native of that nation of heroes: The country is a-brim with boilers, old boots, back-ends-of-buses, and utter bulldogs. I often wonder if the real reason we built a global empire was not to buy tea, sell opium and make sure the French did not get all that territory first, but to escape the local handbag warriors.

But I am not prejudiced against my countrywomen! I mean...er...some of them are very well educated and, ahem, a fellow is welcome to love ugly women - it is just not really my personal taste.

Though as Wise Steve notes: Once the lights go out, my todger (temporarily) suppresses my conscious preferences.

I still can't get my head around any red-blooded chap finding the FLOTUS unattractive, though.

With her graceful lines and magnificent stern, she'd turn heads whatever color her decks were painted.

Does JB have his monitor set on the wrong resolution or does he need to join Wallbridge and Meeks at the eye quack?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby aamc on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Mr S. I must take you up on your account of this fair isle's ladies. As a worker within the city.

One of the great joys of going to work, is the sheer amount of talent viewable. Everyday I'm amazed at the sheer variety
of beauty. I never cease to wonder how 8 chromosones can produce such beauty across all shapes, heights, colours
and sizes.

As Mr. Wallbridge said all women are beautiful.
aamc
Wuji

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:18 pm

I believe I said "women are beautiful." Not exactly the same as "all women are beautiful." Has to do with compassion and nothing to do with optics.
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:52 am

compassion is most important virtue, of this thread . :)
wiesiek
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic