First Lady Tai-chi

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: First Lady Tai-chi

Postby Patrick on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:06 am

Yeah sure. Please repost what I wrote. It must a be a special skill to read racism into this one.

A Black man goes to college...oh no what has the World come to? A purple, Blue, magenta but Black!?
Last edited by Patrick on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:07 am

Sarcasm is very difficult to convey in writing. People have to interpret what they read because they can't read the writer's mind. I gotta read and interpret writing because it's my profession. So, I don't think that you, Patrick, are a "racist." Well, I don't think anyone who posts here is a real racist, but that's another matter. I think you said the thing about not preferring "African" looks in order to illustrate how racist you were. In fact, I think you said it for the opposite reason; to point out that having aesthetic preferences doesn't make someone racist. Ok, if that was your point, I agree.

Here's the thing, though. If another reader interprets what you write otherwise, it's not his or her fault. Because several of your arguments are in the negative, some have posted positive counter-examples. Ok, personally, I don't think it's necessary --but I ain't against it, either.

The one thing I would note, however, is that if I say that I prefer "American" women or their looks, the field is pretty large ;)

Anyway, re Lupita, did you know that she identifies as Mexican-Kenyan? Btw, I think she's more beautiful than Beyonce. But, as ya'll have correctly pointed out, beauty ain't the only thing that makes a person attractive. The heart wants what the heart wants.

Yet, fwiw, here's a photo of another Afro-Mexican, with her boyfriend in the sunglasses.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Patrick on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:45 am

Here's the thing, though. If another reader interprets what you write otherwise, it's not his or her fault. Because several of your arguments are in the negative, some have posted positive counter-examples. Ok, personally, I don't think it's necessary --but I ain't against it, eithe

Ok, I agree, but still I thought the absurd nature made it pretty clear on the post above. One time in high school when I listend to a lot of german punk rock, our head teacher accused me of being a nazi, because the bands sung in german and often used plain obvious paradox language to make nazism stupid or just sometimes simply used the word nazi in their lyrics when they sung against nazism. And yet some people where really that stupid and thought they must be nazi bands, because they said "nazi". Back to our head teacher, when he accused me of that, the next day I went to school with a hitler hairdo and intentionally pronounced words with a rolling R. So you see, if have a different kind of humour ;D
Last edited by Patrick on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:25 pm

I thought the absurd nature made it pretty clear on the post above.

Um, avoid assumptions, especially when it comes to things that some people may take seriously. Hey, like I said, I never thought that you or JB were racist nazis. Real racists and nazis don't deny being so. They do the opposite. Now, whether they really believe what they spout is another thing. Too many "mixed" people in the South. Actually, in Louisiana, there was a whole cult surrounding "quadroons" and "octoroons." Men would write poems about them and publish them in newspapers. Call it a paradox.

Hey, would you say that this guy is a racist? or just honest? http://deadspin.com/exclusive-the-exten ... 1568291249
Last edited by Steve James on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Steve James wrote:
I thought the absurd nature made it pretty clear on the post above.

Too many "mixed" people in the South. Actually, in Louisiana, there was a whole cult surrounding "quadroons" and "octoroons." Men would write poems about them and publish them in newspapers. Call it a paradox.
Hey, would you say that this guy is a racist? or just honest? http://deadspin.com/exclusive-the-exten ... 1568291249

Actually, I would not call him racist! you see, these people know how to play the game and they do it so well. A racist knows deep down that the kind of people of his ilk lack many of the necessary skills in the field (of basketball, at least) but they have the law on their side. I would think that a racist would refuse to associate with the "mud people" (as I hear them being called) but he knows the financial incentive he can get from the investment. The slave owner does not have to like the slaves to make money from them!

I had no idea First Lady Tai Chi would generate this stuff
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Ironically, the NAACP was just about to give him a Lifetime Achievement Award ;) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/2 ... 19708.html
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:12 pm

Real racists and nazis don't deny being so.

Huh? Lot's of racists in this country deny being racists. And for "real" nazis denying who they were, just look to Argentina.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:08 am

yeniseri wrote:
I had no idea First Lady Tai Chi would generate this stuff

Only when the first lady is black
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Patrick on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:41 am

Do you have some racial issues? The comments about JB being racist are just funny. The problem was never her color, the discussion was generated by people who detect racism everywhere.
My penis comment was exactly hinting at that. It is even funnier that I was accussed of racism, when I had the whole time a quote by a black artist in my signature. ;D
Last edited by Patrick on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:57 am

Your sense of humor is not authorized by the relevant authority of the regulatory body overseeing authorizations.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:21 am

Ian Cipperly wrote:
Real racists and nazis don't deny being so.

Huh? Lot's of racists in this country deny being racists. And for "real" nazis denying who they were, just look to Argentina.

Well, thanks for the opportunity. Put it this way. If all it takes to be a racist is to have some negative opinions about another "race" (ethnicity, religion or creed), then almost everyone is a racist. Of course, in the US, few would say that someone of English descent who had negative opinions or said negative things about the Irish or Polish was a racist. Here, we think of racism specifically in terms of White opinions (i.e., thoughts, words, deeds) about or against Blacks. In fact, any public statement or action made by a White person about or toward a Black person is automatically judged as to whether it is racist or not.

Many White Americans (hold on, take it easy); I say, many White Americans feel censored because they can't say anything negative about Blacks (but also Muslims, Mexicans, Mormons, homosexuals) without being labeled as a RACIST. At the same time, they observe that Black people say negative things about White people (past and present) but are never accused of the R-word. They see it as a double-standard that they get the worst of because they are held to a higher standard.

This leads to a lot of funny stuff, but let's get back to the main issue. What exactly is a racist? Is it just someone who says or thinks negative things about Black people? Imo, if that's the definition, then it's useless. I can't do anything about what a person thinks --and I don't think I should --simply because I wouldn't give that power to anyone else. And we live in a country where there is freedom of speech; so, I don't think that people should be censored.

However, when it comes to what they "do," I can point out racists in concrete ways and give concrete ways to deal with them. I mean, ask me what I should "do" if I see guys with hoods and torches coming to burn down my house? Of course, the reason they're there because the real estate agent sold me a home in a White neighborhood. Otoh, in many areas, the real estate agents wouldn't sell to me anyway. Btw, the guy Sterling is a real estate mogul who was sued because of accusations that he refused to rent/sell to African Americans and Hispanics. Those, imo, are examples of racism.

But, I don't think that most of the people I deal with own where I live or have any effect on my vocation or avocations. So, their opinions, thoughts and writings about me are just entertainment, not racism. They're bigots with idiotic (IMHO) prejudices that usually come from ignorance; but, they're not racists; and, Black Americans, Europeans, Asians, as well as "White" Americans are not immune to bigotry, even among themselves. No biggie.

Back to Sterling, though. He is the prototypical American racist. The fact that he has a "mixed" girlfriend (and a wife, btw) and owns a basketball team that is 90% Black seems like a caricature of the typical slave master. Sure, he pays 'em millions; but, he doesn't think that "nice" White girls shouldn't associate with them. Hmm, another b.i.n.g.o. That is, his insecurity about his woman based on the fact that they don't completely share his negative opinions. He'll say all sorts of things about Black people, but that won't stop him from desiring them or admiring them.

At any rate, the "real" nazis are White Supremacists or Aryan purists who have their opinions because they're trying to save their "race," and they're not uncomfortable telling you. They don't like mixing ... or homosexuality, so they say. Otoh, it ain't hard to find those who stray, both ways. Google. But, I have no problem with them or homosexuals as long as they don't bother me. In fact, the more men who don't like Black (or any other type of) woman, I say "Mo for me. Wish I had more time." However, I will stick strictly to my own species. Therefore, in that sense, I am a racist.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:10 am

Your political correctness is about to make my head explode.

Can definitely tell you work at a College. ;)
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri May 02, 2014 1:13 am

The new Miss Israel.

Last edited by grzegorz on Fri May 02, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Fri May 02, 2014 2:07 am

Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Fri May 02, 2014 2:10 am

Thats not even talking about Palestinians....

Its the same situation as people falsely believing that Obama being elected magically fixed institutional racism.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic