San Francisco Chinatown underworld

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: San Francisco Chinatown underworld

Postby Dajenarit on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:56 am

Is shawn a Republican? From what little i know about him reading the forum he don't come off as one. You guys should ask.

I think he was just showing a general example of political hypocrisy regardless of party affiliation. I took it as a joke and Republicans are just funny, easy examples. How else you gonna drop a jizz joke?
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:11 pm

gimpster wrote:Shawn

You are still attacking others to save a criminal's ass. Fact is if it was you(or any other working class schmuck) and not a well connect machine politician like Yee, you'd be bent over in a Federal lockup getting introduced to bubba and crew.

The fact is you liberals ought to be happy that the Fed's nailed this scumbag and crew.

And BTW not supporting Gay marriage isn't a crime. So no real comparison,

Wow, what an ignorant thing to say. I didn't say word one in that dude's defense. What I was making fun of was the conservative implication that because he's supported gun control and was also involved in illegal arms sales that every liberal who's for gun control is somehow suspect. In response I gave them what THEY do all the time (ala FOX/Limbaugh etc) and said well what about these guys from the other side but I picked something that was obviously more true since it's happened so many times. The dude's a criminal. Put him behind bars. It hasn't got a single thing to do with anyone else who supports gun control.

You guys make me sad for America. Just sayin.

S
Last edited by shawnsegler on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby chud on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:51 pm

shawnsegler wrote:
... What I was making fun of was the conservative implication that because he's supported gun control and was also involved in illegal arms sales that every liberal who's for gun control is somehow suspect.

Well the thing is, there have been gun advocates for some time who have said that gun control is just about the gov't trying to control guns and not about any sincere desire by the gov't to protect people, but those people were always made fun of and dismissed.

But now they see Leland Yee living up to all the worst suspicions about anti-gun politicians.

And they're told that he's just one guy and he's an exception, so once again their point of view is made fun of and dismissed.
chud
Great Old One

Postby chud on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 pm

If you had asked me in the past about gun control hypocrisy, I would have said that an extreme example was Dianne Feinstein, who has a conceal carry permit but works against other peoples' rights.
I would not have entertained the possibility of someone like Leland Yee: an anti-gun crusader, running guns.
But there it is.

I can't help but question the motives of anti-gun politicians now. It would be stupid not to.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Do you guys see his scam?
The harder he can make it for a person to buy a gun, the more he makes off of his illegal gun sales. He is a marketing genius.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Wouldn't it be possible to think that he was spouting a line in order to get elected? But, even so, wouldn't the conclusion be that he is actually a "pro-gun" hypocrite? I don't know that could be applied to all politicians who support gun laws. After all, Reagan supported (and passed) "anti-gun" legislation, and he belonged to the NRA.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:54 pm

The perspective from the Taiwanese Animators: ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJWp0kv ... detailpage

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Perspective piece from National Review Online:

April 2, 2014 4:00 AM
Radio Silence on Leland Yee
He stands accused of conspiring to arm the Mafia, but the media won’t say it.
By Charles C. W. Cooke

Having assiduously ignored one of the gonzo corruption stories of the last decade, CNN this week offered a peculiar defense of its silence. Rankled by a curious Twitter user, who asked why “the Leland Yee story appears nowhere on CNN’s website,” the outlet explained that the decision was “in line with us covering state senators & state secretary of state races just about never.” “You see another conspiracy?” the account asked its inquisitor, snippily.

There is a lot of space between bias and conspiracy, and one does not have to believe that CNN’s editorial staff is sitting around stroking white cats and cackling for its explanation to remain unsatisfactory. A search for the words “state senator” on CNN’s website returns more than 2,800 results. . .

read more: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... -c-w-cooke

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm

What was Yee thinking by associating with Shrimp Boy? For goodness sakes Shrimp Boy is the main feature in that Chinatown Gangland.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Extortion or blackmail are the usual methods of such operations. Btw, I'm not arguing it; I'm just giving the possibilities. Outright corruption is also a possibility.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Bill wrote:Do you guys see his scam?
The harder he can make it for a person to buy a gun, the more he makes off of his illegal gun sales. He is a marketing genius.

Actually as I recall he was going after conversion kits.

He wasn't making it harder to own a gun or taking anyone's guns away.

Dude's a hypocrite. I'm glad he was caught for dealing in rocket launchers. I wish the public shunned all political hypocrites for life.

As Shawn said, this is no different than a family values politician hiking up the Appalachian Trail. And yet he was re-elected.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:39 pm

As noted in the article at the top of the thread, Shrimp Boy Chow had been given a clean bill of health by the local political establishment, including that monument to probity and intellect, Diane Feinstein. More about that:

http://weaselzippers.us/180878-meet-ray ... liticians/

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/03/ ... ole-model/
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Any friend of Shrimp Boy has no business telling me I can't carry my .38 in San Francisco.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:49 pm

It's going to interesting if these guys are found not guilty.
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic