Hannibal

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Hannibal

Postby Ralteria on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Anyone been watching? It is a fantastic series with great dialogue and acting.
Hold tight your buns, if buns you do hold dear!!!! For time has come to wake and run and not give way to fear!!!!
Ralteria
Wuji

Re: Hannibal

Postby Dajenarit on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:04 am

I was eying it, but Ill check it out now.

Check out True detective if you never seen it.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Ralteria on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:22 am

Heard good things about True detective. Is that on HBO?

Be careful with Hannibal. A lot has happened in two seasons. If you enjoy I would suggest reading a recap if you don't have the time to watch the first season and a half.
Hold tight your buns, if buns you do hold dear!!!! For time has come to wake and run and not give way to fear!!!!
Ralteria
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:57 am

Ralteria wrote:Anyone been watching? It is a fantastic series with great dialogue and acting.

Yeah - very, very good.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Ralteria on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:42 pm

What's with you Brits stealing Merkin television!? Half the cast of Walking Dead and Hugh Dancy from Hannibal. Andrew Lincoln has a better southern accent than I do and I've lived here for 25 years. ;)
Ralteria
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Nobody can play a bad guy like a Brit ;)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Ralteria on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:52 pm

True...though Mads on Hannibal is giving them a run for there money. The body language interplay between him and Laurence Fishburne is rediculously good.
Ralteria
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:10 am

Hannibal is great. The movie about the young hannibal wasn't very good so I didn't know about this series but I'm so glad I watched the first episode. It's an immediate classic. It's different than other good tv series like Breaking Bad and True Detective, as those are good but once you've seen an episode there's no benefit derived from watching it again. Hannibal is one that you will want to buy the DVDs and watch the whole thing over, even though you know what's gonna happen.

Bryan fuller is, I think the key, even though all his previous work is in an entirely different genre. The visuals. The pacing and it assumes the viewer is educated enough to imagine what's happening between the breaks and fast pace. The first season is equivalent to 2 or even 3 of Breaking Bad.

It kind of reminds of the Coen brothers' remake of True Grit.

Mads is the perfect Hannibal. He makes Hopkins look like a hack. :)

Whatever they're doing is working but at this pace I wonder how many seasons it's got. I'll be bummed when it's over.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Ralteria on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Agree about Mads over Hopkins. It took me a couple episodes to really accept him but his intepretation has a great deal more sociopath in it.

Its the words that aren't spoken that get you in the series. All the focus on peoples eyes. Its intense.
Ralteria
Wuji

Postby Ralteria on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled. The ratings are mid to low for the timeslot.

I am missing the conversations with Hannibal and his psychiatrist/ Sculley. I really wonder how much she knew.
Ralteria
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Ralteria wrote:Heard good things about True detective. Is that on HBO?

Be careful with Hannibal. A lot has happened in two seasons. If you enjoy I would suggest reading a recap if you don't have the time to watch the first season and a half.

Yea HBO. Best tv I've seen in a long time. I heard its going to be seasonal but with a different cast and storyline every season like American Horror Story.

I'm starting Hannibal from the first season. I actually prefer a show to be ended or atleast on a later season before I watch it so I can watch it in 1 go without having to schedule my week around every episode.

I just started watching the Wire. I'm on the 3rd season.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Ralteria wrote:I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled. The ratings are mid to low for the timeslot.

I am missing the conversations with Hannibal and his psychiatrist/ Sculley. I really wonder how much she knew.

I think she pieced it together but they only hinted to what happened to her to make her so scared. Plus I think she was written out early because she plays a leading role in the tv show crisis. But Wow, she really turned into a beautiful woman compared to X-Files days.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Dajenarit wrote:
Ralteria wrote:Heard good things about True detective. Is that on HBO?

Yea HBO. Best tv I've seen in a long time. I heard its going to be seasonal but with a different cast and storyline every season like American Horror Story.

That sucks. I'm gonna miss Woody.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Yeah - rumor has it that next season will have Brad Pitt and someone else...
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Ralteria on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:20 pm

I need HBO.
Ralteria
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic