BERGDAHL the real story

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BERGDAHL the real story

Postby yeniseri on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:01 pm

Bergdahl has been providing "intelligence" on his whereabouts and it was stated to be valuable enough for him to be "free" in accordance with the veracity of information provided.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:00 pm

The dishonorable discharge is on appeal with the argument that the judge's decision was compromised by the president's remarks. I didn't even realize a dishonorable discharge could be appealed.
"Fascists rejected reason in the name of will, denying objective truth in favor of a glorious myth articulated by leaders who claimed to give voice to the people."

-Timothy Snyder
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:30 am

It can be appealed as the court-martial's decision and I understand it can also be appealed later through the VA in terms of how you're treated in civilian life, your "VA rating" I think it's called.
Michael
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Bergdahl's unit had problems from the gitgo but this is no excuse for geting away with anything. He got caught, spent time in jail and provided information that is serving as a benchmark for future operations. The fellow has suffered enough.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 pm

grzegorz wrote:The dishonorable discharge is on appeal with the argument that the judge's decision was compromised by the president's remarks. I didn't even realize a dishonorable discharge could be appealed.

The manual for courts-martial specifically forbids officers who assign investigators or who are superior to judges to prejudice the findings, such as any pre-determination to file charges or finding guilt. It would be interesting to see if an appeals court thought Trump's comments prior to being Pres. could be prejudicial, or even after Jan. 20.

Prior seems a big stretch. After seems plausible as being extremely prejudicial if it were the same things he said prior about betrayal and execution. I would think such comments from POTUS could possibly be grounds for mis-trial, but he plead guilty so it's only about the sentence, which couldn't be any lighter. Done deal, IMO.
Michael
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic