The Islamic State

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Islamic State

Postby Michael on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:01 pm

My main point is that even though ISIS does these things, hyping it up is just the drumbeat to another war, similar in effect to the lies about Saddam Hussein's troops throwing babies out of incubators in Kuwait City in 1990. I don't think ISIS would exist without the results of intentional or unintentional US/UK/NATO policy.
Michael

Postby Michael on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Armageddon Days Are Here (Again), by The The

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lel0PzhU6Pk
Michael

Postby leifeng on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:29 am

I agree, if it wasn't for western interference for the last few centuries groups like IS wouldn't need to fight and cause so much destruction because they would have already built the Islamic caliphate and probably Europe would have been a part of it. What's wrong with everyone in the world living peacefully under the guidance of Islamic law?
leifeng
Huajing

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:02 am

I was referring to recent US/UK/NATO wars that destabilized secular governments, such as Iraq, Syria and Libya, whose countries were previously not accommodating to ISIS. I made a list on one of these threads a couple of months ago, stretching back to 1953.
Michael

Postby leifeng on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:23 pm

So would you prefer a modern-stable-high tech-independent Islamic world controlling the oil price and eventually annexing poor old Europe?
leifeng
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Well, trying to keep them backward, unstable and depend while controlling the price of the oil they have that we use might be somewhere near the root of the problem. I.e., exploitation. That is, unless one believes that they're happy that way and should just stop whining.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby leifeng on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:44 pm

It's not just about being fair. It is also about which team you play for. If you stop collonizing them they will colonize you. We are living in a very predatory world. There won't be peace and prosperity in one part of the world without war and poverty in the other part.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:16 pm

If you stop collonizing them they will colonize you. We are living in a very predatory world.

That's the thief's ethics. And what happens is that he expects others to be just like him, which is essentially why he is afraid. People said that the slaves would riot if they were freed. I could give lots of examples, but the thing is that if you believe that is the way it has to be, then you have to understand that they really are the same. It's not about me wanting to be fair, either. It's about the reactions people expect from those who are being treated unfairly. It's that funny idea of liberty and freedom, and all that good stuff that were said to be inalienable rights. Ya know, that TJ was kinda right.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 am

Kayla Mueller, a 26-year-old American woman held by Islamic State militants, has been confirmed dead, her parents and the Obama administration said Tuesday

http://news.yahoo.com/parents-american- ... itics.html
windwalker
Wuji

Postby chud on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:31 am

windwalker wrote:
Kayla Mueller, a 26-year-old American woman held by Islamic State militants, has been confirmed dead, her parents and the Obama administration said Tuesday

http://news.yahoo.com/parents-american- ... itics.html

Very sad. By all accounts she was a good person who volunteered her time to try to help others.
From the comments of the Yahoo article:

Kayla Jean Muller volunteered to help ease suffering in the US at an HIV/ AIDs clinic by day and volunteering at an abused women's shelter by night mostly helping children in crisis. She ventured bravely on to India, Israel and Palestine and eventually to Turkey to put her hands on children who's parents were murdered and sometimes blown apart in front of their eyes. On August 3, 2013, after long months aiding traumatized children in Turkey Kayla crossed the border into Syria to drive a technician to the hospital in Aleppo where Doctor's Without Borders were desperately trying to save lives. She spent one night in that hospital and was kidnapped leaving that hospital the next morning. Kayla was a wonderful person and gave all she had to give while she was here and let us remember her for that and not the way ISIS caused her death.

Unfortunately the news is that local officials in Arizona were doing more to try to get Kayla Mueller released than the Obama administration.
But now that the girl is dead, Obama is releasing statements of sympathy to try to spin it like he was all concerned.
Last edited by chud on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:29 am

esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby leifeng on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Except that it's not shocking any more. It's becoming normal behavior.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:51 pm

But now that the girl is dead, Obama is releasing statements of sympathy to try to spin it like he was all concerned.

Fwiw, her parents asked the administration not to intervene or attempt a rescue. The parents were especially concerned after James Foley was killed in or before the rescue attempt. Even the AZ news agencies did not release her name because of the parent's wishes.

Now, if I were the parents, I might have asked for the same thing. But, yeah, I know, Obama's weak or doesn't care about people.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Steve James wrote:Fwiw, her parents asked the administration not to intervene or attempt a rescue.

Oh really?!?

“The family requested to be notified in advance if there were to be a raid, and also just to be kept apprised of their efforts. And the White House agreed,” the spokesperson said. It was “not true” that the family had asked officials to forgo a rescue mission, she added.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:07 pm

Fair enough, but I was only repeating the news report I heard.

But, why do you think Obama didn't send in ST6? Do you think it was fear or lack of caring or what?
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic