The Islamic State

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Islamic State

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:03 am

My bad the YouTube channel is called the Caspian Report, It's obvious that they know their stuff and although one may not agree that they have an angle rarely covered by the major media corporations.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:34 am

Yeah, I'm checking some of their videos.

Do you want to make a separate Syrian Civil War thread?
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:59 am

Interesting idea but I think since IS is a many headed dragon perhaps one thread is enough. I have a feeling the Russian campaign will spread beyond Syria since the fighters can freely flee to Iraq. I also think the tragedy in Egypt will only escalate the involvement of the Russians.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:00 am

Makes sense.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:11 am

The downing of the airliner was my worst fear but I now I know there's no turning back and like Clinton pulling out of Somalia a retreat will only embolden IS and Putin knows that.

What's interesting is that in the "Why the Russians are bombing IS" they discuss a US/Isreali deal and sure enough Benjamin Netanyahu is in Washington meeting Obama today.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:49 am

grzegorz wrote:The downing of the airliner was my worst fear but I now I know there's no turning back and like Clinton pulling out of Somalia a retreat will only embolden IS and Putin knows that.

What's interesting is that in the "Why the Russians are bombing IS" they discuss a US/Isreali deal and sure enough Benjamin Netanyahu is in Washington meeting Obama today.

I read an article on voltairenet.org that USA and Israel want a Kurdish zone, or possibly country, in the north of Syria. Doubt they'll give 'em a country, just some de facto zone most likely.
Michael

Postby yeniseri on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:29 pm

Sharm el Sheik is a vacation paradise so no one expected that ISIS (we really do not know if they did the act!) would have 'contacts" in the area but at the same time al Qaeda has become a corporation (as it were) and the ISIS hothead savages tend to do local stuff while thinking globally ;D . A few acquaintances from the sandbox spent their R&R in Sharm el Sheikh and the Aflac duck could have gotten there and no one would have blinked an eye. Therefore there was no reason for any type of security of any kind and secondly ISIS in the Sinai was thought to be meaningless!

I am also surprised how the US response is that ISIS planted a bomb but no one has presented evidence of fragmentation, signatures (of bomb material) etc when the Russian and Egyptians say there was no bomb. It means that the security hole was non existent (if a bomb) and that 5 weeks after Russia is involved with Syria, ISIS is astute and adroit in their perfect targeting of Rusian assets.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:54 am

France is attempting to create an alliance between Russia, US and France to destroy IS. Seems like it could happen, considering recent events.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:57 am

grzegorz wrote:France is attempting to create an alliance between Russia, US and France to destroy IS. Seems like it could happen, considering recent events.

That is impossible for me to believe. If France wanted to destroy ISIS or prevent terrorism, they wouldn't be attacking Assad or wouldn't have destroyed Libya so it could be a terrorist corridor to Europe.
Michael

Postby Bao on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 am

Can't understand why China won't lend a hand and help it's friends. They could just go in with an army of 500000 or even better, one million soldiers, and the problem is solved. Probably very quickly with very little losses. Russia could probably do the same if they wanted.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:22 am

Bao wrote:Can't understand why China won't lend a hand and help it's friends. They could just go in with an army of 500000 or even better, one million soldiers, and the problem is solved. Probably very quickly with very little losses. Russia could probably do the same if they wanted.

All those methods have been tried and done before but each and every time the rebels go underground. I don't see how or why China would want to risk losing so many young people besides it's not as if the PRC has a lot or any experience invading a foreign country.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:23 am

Michael wrote:
grzegorz wrote:France is attempting to create an alliance between Russia, US and France to destroy IS. Seems like it could happen, considering recent events.

That is impossible for me to believe. If France wanted to destroy ISIS or prevent terrorism, they wouldn't be attacking Assad or wouldn't have destroyed Libya so it could be a terrorist corridor to Europe.

Assad is the point of disagreement. The ball is in Russia' s court.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:33 am

The problem with sending foreign troops is that, when they're fighting on enemy territory, they have to stay there. IS, however, isn't a country to be invaded.

If the PRC sends troops, it will mean that there will be terrorist attacks in the PRC, in addition to the loss of life in combat. But, countries that haven't been directly affected are reluctant to send their young people into harm's way. Wait and see what happens if IS attacks the PRC or kills a number of Chinese citizens.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby warriorprincess on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:59 am

There are already terrorists in PRC.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/china-ahead-ra ... ain-636125
warriorprincess
Anjing

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:45 pm

There were already terrorists everywhere. They weren't IS.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic