The Islamic State

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Islamic State

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:01 pm

This is a fear response?

I speak as a resident of Norway and friend of Sweden. You article is well written and fairly accurate EXCEPT you interject personal opinion that all this migration could be eased if the "taps" were open by other European counties and other such verbiage. You dont seem to grasp the fact that Africa and the Mid East would gladly empty out to Europe if given the opportunity war or not. Having spent much time there I never met a single person that would chose to stay if given the opportunity to leave for a 1st world country.

Europe has experienced the outcome all ready of their multicultural experience since the 1960s . We find that migrants from China, Thailand, South America many other places integrate readily. The ones from Muslim countries do not. A rough example: If a teenage woman immigrant from Thailand was to bring home a Norwegian boy friend he would be welcomed and hope for a possible marriage. If the same age woman from Afghanistan was to bring home a Norwegian boy she would have the #$%$ beat out of her by her father.

The father believes only he has the right to determine who she will marry and a proper dourery paid. Its not the money its the fact that he could sire a child worth that much. That is culture they bring with them and it sticks around for generation after generation. Now that is the truth of what is happening in Europe and why there is so much push back from other countries who dont want the Swedish outcome.

seems like most people know what happens and has happened and will happen once a certain population threshold is reached.
its not about fearing anything.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Nah, like I said, if you read closely, I'm not European or in Europe, so I won't speak for or against "European" fears. But, "US American" fears, otoh, and fear promulgated (i.e., spread) by Americans is something that is easy for me to point out. For some, it seems that it's the only emotion they have.

By the way, the quote you took was written by a "friend of Sweden." Iow, not a Swede; but, there are plenty of Swedes against immigration, in general. Um, but the reason Sweden has this issue is because of its generally friendly view of immigrants, and the fact that Europe is really an extension of Asia. That means you can walk from Turkey to France, walk through the Chunnel, and take a ferry to Scandinavia. I have friends in Norway, and it is/was a very welcoming place too. Now, their main complaint is that they can't support the inflow. Sweden is not a big country; nor is Norway or Denmark.

The U.S. doesn't have that issue. It ain't about space. The reason that U.S. politicians and their followers give is fear, and it is fear of a very small number --compared to the countries (even like Sweden) who have already taken in 50K. If the argument was that we should take care of our own first, I'd bow to that. But, that would never be actually acted upon by those who argue against immigration in any form. Taking care of Americans is just the "nanny state." People are complaining about the President treats veterans, and they don't seem to ask about their Congress. At any rate, fear based arguments are just another form of terrorism that kills the mind.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby onebir on Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Russian/Moscow-loyal Chechen special ops embedded in Syria:
http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/03/02/s ... f-targets/

(Or elaborate psyop...?)
Insanity is repeating a nonsensical definition of insanity, and expecting it to eventually make sense.
onebir
Anjing

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:07 pm

Pres. Assad interview with Swiss TV SRF1
21 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI_FMKpW9mE
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:57 am

Turkish air raid kills as many as 200 Kurdish militia (near Aleppo)
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/20/middleeas ... l?adkey=bn
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic