China's sex trade

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: China's sex trade

Postby Michael on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:30 pm

The article looks very accurate to me and shows the snowballing effect of corruption as China's wealth increases overall, but especially becomes more concentrated. I think one of the important motives for cracking down on places like Dongguan is that the illegality associated with the sex trade creates a somewhat independent economy that the establishment can not tolerate.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Thanks for the article. I always found it very odd how the sex industry is everywhere in China yet supposedly non-existent.

Very interesting to hear the demand for male prostitutes for women. I heard of a Nigerian in Shanghai who claimed women paid him for sex, I thought it was bunk before the article. Yet when I think about now it does make sense since these ladies probably think of it as sex with no strings attached.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:24 am

Michael wrote:The article looks very accurate to me and shows the snowballing effect of corruption as China's wealth increases overall, but especially becomes more concentrated. I think one of the important motives for cracking down on places like Dongguan is that the illegality associated with the sex trade creates a somewhat independent economy that the establishment can not tolerate.

Reminds me a lot of the US drug war. If everyone was arrested everyone would be in jail.

Here's Rick Ross, LA biggest drug dealer, on Joe Rogan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-svL4YUSk
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Its funny cuz I just got to part about Rick Ross in Dark Alliance.

Good find.
Last edited by Dajenarit on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:42 pm

They made a movie?

I must have missed that. I listen to these while I'm on the job.

Thanks D,

I'll check it out. More people need to hear Rick Ross's story.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Nah its a book bro.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 am

It's a fascinating story I'll have to pick it up. I believe Rick Ross did two podcasts with Joe.
grzegorz
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic