Thanks for the tear gas tips!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Thanks for the tear gas tips!

Postby Teazer on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:11 pm

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/the-unlikely-connection-between-ferguson-and-gaza-tear-gas--eknf701lmg

Last night activists in Israel/Gaza expressed solidarity with demonstrators in Ferguson, even offering advice on how to deal with police and security forces firing tear gas....

Solidarity with #Ferguson. Remember to not touch your face when teargassed or put water on it. Instead use milk or coke!

Always make sure to run against the wind /to keep calm when you're teargassed, the pain will pass, don't rub your eyes! #Ferguson Solidarity

I remember when I used to get teargassed, I used to just remind myself this pain will pass as to not collapse.It helps! #Palestine #Ferguson
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Re: Thanks for the tear gas tips!

Postby Michael on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Well that's much better than what they told us in boot camp.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:01 pm

had to do a double take on the coke, and milk.
the coke seems in line with some other advice, dont quite understand about the milk, wouldnt it be considered a base?

The best defense against tear gas is a gas mask, but if you don't have a mask there are still steps you can take to minimize damage from tear gas. If you think you might encounter tear gas you can soak a bandana or paper towel in lemon juice or cider vinegar and store it in a plastic baggie. You can breathe through the acidified cloth for several minutes, which should give you sufficient time to get upwind or reach higher ground. Goggles are a great thing to have. You can use tight-fitting swim goggles if chemical safety goggles aren't available. Don't wear contacts anywhere you might encounter tear gas. If you are wearing contact lenses, immediately remove them. Your contacts are a loss as is anything else you can't wash. You can wear your clothes again after you wash them, but wash them separately that first time. If you don't have goggles or any sort of mask, you can breathe the air inside your shirt, since there is less air circulation and therefore a lower concentration of the gas, but that is counterproductive once the fabric becomes saturated.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemicalw ... posure.htm

Don't wear contacts anywhere you might encounter tear gas. If you are wearing contact lenses, immediately remove them

yep, in boot camp they made sure one understood what tear gas was all about.
not fun :-\
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Alexatron on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:30 am

I tried making my own tear gas once - first time I cried my eyes out with success.

Great tips - hopefully won't need them but at the rate democracy is being eroded in NZ who knows . . .
A boast is a gift to the enemy
- Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Alexatron
Anjing

Postby Michael on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:30 am

OMG Alexa, making your own tear gas? You're an enemy combatant! Und I think you know vaht vee do viss zee enemy combatants, ja?
Michael

Postby Alexatron on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:21 am

Michael wrote:OMG Alexa, making your own tear gas? You're an enemy combatant! Und I think you know vaht vee do viss zee enemy combatants, ja?

Actually I was joking - but I have made my own MACE which is essentially the same thing. It's illegal to have in NZ except for use by the police force so therefore very hard to come by but as it turns out ridiculously easy to make and disguise as an innocent aerosol of deodorant. And no I've not accidentally sprayed my pits with it though I'm sure that would be an invigorating experience.
A boast is a gift to the enemy
- Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Alexatron
Anjing

Postby Michael on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:17 am

Perhaps not as bad as using capsicum as a topical therapeutic, getting it on your hands, and then touching your partner's privates*. YEEE-IKESS!!

*I'll spare you the details, haha.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:18 am

For Michael
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Steve James wrote:For Michael

Is that a Dj booth up on top?

Man do they come prepared...
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:32 pm

A riot is always better set to some kick ass tunes.

Gotta keep the troops pumped. No more drummer boy shit.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Thanks Steve :) I hope that doesn't mean they're coming for me in particular, haha.

Anyway, we know from youtube and the Chris Dorner affair there are a few different categories of poh-lice, no matter how you dress them up.
Michael

Postby Teazer on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Kinda reminds me of woody Allen:
"The FBI decides to lob in teargas, but they don't have teargas, so several of the agents put on the death scene from Camellia. Tearstricken my abducters give themselves up. They are sentenced to fifteen years on a chaingang, and they escape, twelve of then chained together at the ankle, getting by the guards posing as an immense charm bracelet."

Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Facts are such stubborn things!
I never saw any one of those guys near a Tea Party demonstration. WOW ;D
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic