Holder Orders DOJ to Do Further Autopsy on Michael Brown

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Holder Orders DOJ to Do Further Autopsy on Michael Brown

Postby Steve James on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:18 pm

what would anyone think, the outcome would be? 8-)

Obviously, the answer is not the same for "everyone." So, you're really saying that you would have done the same thing.

I thought the stuff about what he said to the worker about Jesus was interesting. I wonder whether it is an indication of his state of mind "at the time" or his character?

;
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Steve James wrote:
what would anyone think, the outcome would be? 8-)

Obviously, the answer is not the same for "everyone." So, you're really saying that you would have done the same thing.

I thought the stuff about what he said to the worker about Jesus was interesting. I wonder whether it is an indication of his state of mind "at the time" or his character?

;

worked in jobs which required weapons use.
within 18ft in most cases with a weapon not drawn its to late to draw and fire it.

its not about what I would have done, try reading it again.
its about what I would have expected, if one advances on someone with a weapon
drawn after been told to stop or freeze, I would expect them or me to be shot.

Obviously, the answer is not the same for "everyone."

only for those that get shot.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:01 pm

could be both, depends on whether his records if any are released.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Clearly you don't speak for everyone in law enforcement when it comes to this incident. At best, the conclusion has not been determined. However, I ask again about MB's conversation with the worker? Is that relevant to his state of mind and character, since it happened immediately before the incident? Or is it irrelevant? Of course, the officer didn't know about it, either.

Afa myself, I could never give an offhand answer about whether I would shoot or not. However, it would depend completely on whether I actually felt my life was in danger And there was no other option. Just because I "could" shoot someone wouldn't make it right to do so. Deciding whether it was right or not is what courts are for. They are never a waste of time, no matter the outcome.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Steve James wrote:Clearly you don't speak for everyone in law enforcement when it comes to this incident. At best, the conclusion has not been determined. However, I ask again about MB's conversation with the worker? Is that relevant to his state of mind and character, since it happened immediately before the incident? Or is it irrelevant? Of course, the officer didn't know about it, either.

Afa myself, I could never give an offhand answer about whether I would shoot or not. However, it would depend completely on whether I actually felt my life was in danger And there was no other option. Just because I "could" shoot someone wouldn't make it right to do so. Deciding whether it was right or not is what courts are for. They are never a waste of time, no matter the outcome.

just sharing some views.
I hope no one ever has to find out whether they would shoot or not.
the difference might be in our back grounds.
the role of the infantry in warfare is to engage, fight, and kill the enemy at close range — using either a firearm (rifle, pistol, machine gun), an edged-weapon (knife, bayonet), or bare hands (close quarters combat) — as required by the mission

having served in the military for awhile, there is no doubt in my mind that if the conditions warranted it the training itself would answer the question.
since this thread I've looked some of the training that police officers go through and how they'er supposed to react, it's kind of surprising when events are compared to what their training dictates, things that may look forceful are actually what they're trained to do. Not saying it right or wrong, just saying what it is.
understandable there are bad actors just as in any large organization.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:18 pm

I ask again about MB's conversation with the worker? Is that relevant to his state of mind and character, since it happened immediately before the incident? Or is it irrelevant?

I think it would tend to fall under what is called "hearsay"
his possible state of mind and "character" will be viewed in the context of
his last acts, as in robbing the store, and his history "any records" that might indicate
that his "character" is not what some make it out to be, or prove their contention.
still hard to get past the robbery and then interacting with the PD.

the same as what will be done with the officer.
as the media has done somewhat already, talking about the officers mother and such.
I would think that the key points will be focused on why the weapon was fired the first time.
and whether he was standing still or approaching the officer.
so far, publicly people have narrated both.
time will tell.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:29 pm

will be viewed in the context of his last acts, as in robbing the store

But, those weren't his last acts.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Teazer on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:05 pm

windwalker wrote:its about what I would have expected, if one advances on someone with a weapon
drawn after been told to stop or freeze, I would expect them or me to be shot.

Well that's another question here. Did he actually tell him to stop or freeze?
<<He said the officer “didn’t say, ‘Get on the ground.’ He didn’t say anything. At first his gun was down and then he … got about 8 to 10 feet away from him … I heard six, seven shots … it seemed like seven. Then he put his gun down.>>

And if you run away from someone and they shoot you, so you stop running away and turn around, but they do not tell you what to do, maybe walking back toward them with your hands up would seem reasonable. And then if they started shooting you for doing that, what would you do?
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:57 am

Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So, he stands up and yells, 'Freeze!# Michael and his friend turn around.
'And Michael taunts him… And then all the sudden he just started bumrushing him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3CdoEVd6h
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

its hard to say what really happen as there are different narratives
you should frame your question better.

if you run away after assaulting an officer, and they shoot you in the process, you stop running away and turn around and start walking back to toward them your going to get shot.
the only thing I would think that would stop one from getting shot, "maybe" is stopping having both hands in the air.

what would you do?

its not about me.

FWIW: In the Army, and another place I worked at we practiced that. what to do if someone has a weapon drawn your hands are up. you cant out run a bullet.
but you can approach them by walking to them. depending on how the weapon is held one may still have a chance of grabbing it once in range.

the way to answer the question is from the shooters perspective, what would one do as the shooter to prevent the weapon from being taken or used against you.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:17 am

Assume a defense or submissive posture. Put your hands in the air. Do not show an apparent threat to your attacker until you are ready to attack.

http://www.wikihow.com/Disarm-a-Criminal-with-a-Handgun

lots of different ways to do things. which the officers train for and are aware of.
the bottom line is that the one with the weapon, in this case the officer has to maintain control of his weapon
to have any control over the situation and stay alive.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:54 am

So..........
The cop is gonna go after this kid and back it up with a gun?
A person should be shot 6 times for shoplifting?
Strong arm robbery? Bullshit!
Instead of 20 years of donuts should have spent a few training to handle something like this.
roger hao

Postby Dajenarit on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:54 am

But no one explains when it became ok to shoot someone while they're running away. I guess this is the wild west now.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Teazer on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:44 am

windwalker wrote:
Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So, he stands up and yells, 'Freeze!# Michael and his friend turn around.
'And Michael taunts him… And then all the sudden he just started bumrushing him.

we're back to #4 again since that story was made up on a fake facebook page
http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-wacky-farts-that-can-help-us-understand-ferguson-mo/
Last edited by Teazer on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:56 am

Teazer wrote:
windwalker wrote:

we're back to #4 again since that story was made up on a fake facebook page
http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-wacky-farts-that-can-help-us-understand-ferguson-mo/

The most enlightened social commentary comes from a blog with cartoons, literally interspersed with repetitive fart videos. speechless
Michael

Postby Dajenarit on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:23 pm

2014 America bro....smdh

Seems like the only way for social commentary to be taken seriously is for it to come from comedians. I haven't figured out exactly, the implications of what that means.
Dajenarit
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic