Lorica Gladiator Suit

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Lorica Gladiator Suit

Postby Alexatron on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:06 am

Could be fun though I wonder what the suit weighs. I'm guessing it would slow you down somewhat too.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/the-lorica-gladiator-suit-takes-the-pain-out-of-armed-combat-20140710-zt09s.html
A boast is a gift to the enemy
- Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Alexatron
Anjing

Re: Lorica Gladiator Suit

Postby wiesiek on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:07 pm

kevlar suit ....
wooo -should be bullets poof too :)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Alexatron on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm

wiesiek wrote:kevlar suit ....

If they wanted to incorporate projectile weapons into the tournaments they could use existing laser strike technology.
Alexatron
Anjing

Postby Dajenarit on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Ive been waiting for this since i was 12. Now how ridiculously expensive is it?
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby gimpster on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:39 pm

They would be very expensive. At least $5k because of what they are made of and you need a lot of it, then factor in engineering and manufacturing costs.

But it's not going to keep the traditional cold weapon arts alive, that's a lie because of the costs. These guys created the suits for one purpose - $$$. As they said they are out to create another game fad like paint ball except this is for super nerds who think they are a samurai warrior or roman gladiator and get to dress up like a soldier from the future.
gimpster
Anjing

Postby Alexatron on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:23 pm

gimpster wrote:They would be very expensive. At least $5k because of what they are made of and you need a lot of it, then factor in engineering and manufacturing costs.

But it's not going to keep the traditional cold weapon arts alive, that's a lie because of the costs. These guys created the suits for one purpose - $$$. As they said they are out to create another game fad like paint ball except this is for super nerds who think they are a samurai warrior or roman gladiator and get to dress up like a soldier from the future.

Sadly you're probably right - I'm thinking LARP'ers *shudder* though I doubt their paper mache swords would stand up to anything too energetic.
Alexatron
Anjing

Postby wiesiek on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Alexatron wrote:
wiesiek wrote:kevlar suit ....

If they wanted to incorporate projectile weapons into the tournaments they could use existing laser strike technology.

well, for shouting weapon we have paintball air gun already, and you don`t need kevlar for protection,
it was a joke anyway ;)
but
really you don`t need hi tech special suit , simply you fight for "real" with wooden weapon.
U get bruise but no cut...

God sword in trained hand is able to go thru the armour.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Teazer on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:46 am

The suits look interesting - particularly the built in impact sensors, but from a weapons fighting perspective it's still got some obvious flaws - someone's destined to have their hand broken for starters. My gear's better than that (though doesn't look as fancy), for about $350 most of which was the head gear & steel gauntlets. The rest I made myself. Works for full contact sparring with blunt steel swords, long pole etc.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic