Thank You

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Thank You

Postby allen2saint on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:04 pm

About two years ago I posted on this board, first in honor of a colleague who had been murdered and then two months later asking advice for what I should do after my girl and I broke up and I had three free months to house sit and collect myself. Many people posted kind words of advice and support during that time. During this year, I met a wonderful woman who can hit harder than I can. I will marry her next year. This week, my mentor signed off on my master's thesis. I graduated with a 3.97 and I've just been offered a great job that is very close to my field, where I have a chance to make a positive impact.

I've never been very disciplined, so my training has fallen by the wayside, but I'll return to my training now a happier, more centered and fulfilled person who is, on one side, more of a committed pacifist than ever, but also, a person who knows he is capable of working hard and making some incredibly complex material make sense. I think for the first time, I feel I bring something to the art as much as I wish the art to bring something to me. And, more importantly, I appreciate what it feels like to be down and out and I now have the good fortune to be able to help others in the same position should that opportunity arise. That's more than enough success for me.

A lot of you guys( and girls?) have been very supportive, both in the past and in recent discussions and I really appreciate it. Thanks.
Last edited by allen2saint on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
allen2saint
Wuji

Re: Thank You

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:09 pm

Congratulations, Allen! Wishing you all the best in your new job. :)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:52 am

Congrats!
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Best of luck!
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Awesome, sounds like you worked hard and found something you enjoy! Lots of luck, and congratulations!
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Ron Panunto on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:12 am

Are you sure that you want to marry a woman that can hit harder than you?
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby chud on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:48 am

Ron Panunto wrote:Are you sure that you want to marry a woman that can hit harder than you?

^^^ ;D

Seriously though, congratulations!
chud
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic