Drones!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Drones!

Postby GrahamB on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:06 am

Quickly becoming the best thing on TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4NRJoC ... e=youtu.be

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Drones!

Postby Ian on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:34 am

They didn't mention how targets are "verified" (by cell phone signal alone, not by eyes on target), the practice of "double tapping" etc.

USA! USA!
Ian

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:24 am

Ian come on, that Iranian TV program...terrorists.
The 13 y.o. Pakistani's grandmother...terrorist.
The Yemeni boy, the one who loves Ah-mayr-icka, whose village was attacked...terrorist training facility.

And all of them were appropriately selected targets (love the circular reasoning in those press conferences reaching PRC levels of idiocy) chosen by secret evidence, from secret officials, and in a secret process. But hey, Obama's transparency mandate at least told us that he signs off on the list on every Tuesday, That's why I love America, the openeness.

Oliver liked looking into the legal definition of imminent. If he needs more material, he can do the same for the word terrorist, but that would be un-American. Just like imminent can mean anything at all, so can terrorist. It would be quite difficult to disqualify someone from the definition, at least from the un-classified one.
Michael

Postby wiesiek on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:50 am

there was old sci-fi novel, were the drones are able to sense "mind attempt to commit the crime":) and reacting by shouting electric impulse...
so
we are already in, or very close ?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Already in. This is all just progressive acclimation. First over there against "those" dark-skinned, bearded terrorists. Next group, next stage, etc.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:50 pm

wiesiek wrote:there was old sci-fi novel, were the drones are able to sense "mind attempt to commit the crime":) and reacting by shouting electric impulse...
so
we are already in, or very close ?

Was it Philip K. Dick's "Minority Report"?
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Don't know which one, but it's not Minority Report.
Michael

Postby wiesiek on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:22 am

not sure it was his,/P.D/ novel at all,
only this story is still in my memory, from "the rocket trails" almanac , or something similar... /1968?/
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:38 pm

I used a drone once. Alas, it only had cameras mounted - no .50 cals or hellfires.

Mind you, I am pretty sure we managed to positively ID several dark-skinned men with beards - they HAD TO BE jihadis.

(Note to I-mon: Mate: If you want to live - shave!)
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:59 pm

a good drone

windwalker
Wuji

Postby Patrick on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:26 pm

I dont know, but it seems we are living more and more in a sci fi dystopia.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:47 am

a friend recommended PsychoPass, both the cartoon and the manga although I haven't gotten around to it yet en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho-Pass
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic