Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Postby FigureFour on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:30 pm

the toxic side to the wormwood is the thujone itself. you cant really take that out of it.

there is no substantial proof that thujone is a hallucinogen. the 'special' although not really hallucinogenic effects of absinthe are from the push and pull of all of the different herbs in it on your body. you can test this idea by just macerating pure wormwood in alcohol and drinking. or making an extract out of it. all it will do is give you a headache and make you feel dizzy. (personal experience here)
FigureFour
Santi

Postby CaliG on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:56 pm

I picked up a 1 liter bottle from the Czech Republic once and took it to a party.

10 people got completely shit faced off, one bloke even went away with someone else's date. Now that's a drink. ;)

I like it hot, but when I had it cold I saw some interesting stuff.

Where can you buy this one from?
Last edited by CaliG on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Postby affa on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:39 am

i wonder if there's not something remotely similar going on with tequila. people say alcohol is alcohol, but tequila just makes me crazy, where whisky doesn't... and i've drunk both (not together) across a wide range of contextual factors - different moods, atmospheres, full/empty stomachs, amounts consumed, rate of consumption etc. etc. tequila has consistently landed me in some ridiculous situations/moods.

has anybody ever tried absinth in conjunction with weed, or any other substances to to significantly different effects? as opposed to whisky and weed, or something. mmmmmmmm.... whiskey <3
16, 76, 81, 88, 93
21, 28, 38, 52, 78
7, 40, 56, 73, 87
23, 65, 82, 91, 95
2, 6, 10, 46, 95
affa
Wuji

Postby Bär on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:37 am

Bär
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:05 am

Bär wrote:Image

But, Absinthe makes the fart go "Honda!"

;D
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:42 am

affa wrote:i wonder if there's not something remotely similar going on with tequila. people say alcohol is alcohol, but tequila just makes me crazy, where whisky doesn't... and i've drunk both (not together) across a wide range of contextual factors - different moods, atmospheres, full/empty stomachs, amounts consumed, rate of consumption etc. etc. tequila has consistently landed me in some ridiculous situations/moods.

has anybody ever tried absinth in conjunction with weed, or any other substances to to significantly different effects? as opposed to whisky and weed, or something. mmmmmmmm.... whiskey <3

I have to admit the only time I felt like fighting when drunk was on tequila.

I've seen the same thing happen with the Chinese spirit evil evil evil baizhou.

About 10 foreigners went on a night of drinking. They started with beer and switched to that stuff. 2 fights broke out AMONGST THEMSELVES, one guy went to the hospital, another was dropped on his head, and a lady claimed that one of the men threatened her with a knife all because of that evil evil baizhou.
CaliG

Postby qiphlow on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:31 pm

tequila just makes me vomit.
i much prefer psilocybin mushrooms.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic