Models!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Models!

Postby Ian on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:14 pm

CMAO!!!11

(cackling my ass off)
Ian

Re: Models!

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:10 pm

When asked what country Budapest is the capitol of and told the answer was, "Hungary," she said:

"I've heard of Turkey, but never hungry."

As far as the first video about trying to replace a CPU, that's a pretty good example of how abstract learning can be ineffective. Why didn't they just show her a computer?
Michael

Postby Ian on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:12 pm

Michael wrote:As far as the first video about trying to replace a CPU, that's a pretty good example of how abstract learning can be ineffective. Why didn't they just show her a computer?

I'm pretty sure that was part of the challenge i.e. the IT guys couldn't be there with the models.
Ian

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:25 pm

When I did tech support, I talked people through a lot of crazy stuff. As long as we both stayed calm, it all worked out fine.
Michael

Postby Teazer on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Michael wrote:When I did tech support, I talked people through a lot of crazy stuff. As long as we both stayed calm, it all worked out fine.

Same here. I had the monitor = "pc" situation enough that I just went with calling monitor = tv, pc = brain. I had one person think the printer was called the keyboard, but that was a one off. :)
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic