Kombucha tea, anyone?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Kombucha tea, anyone?

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:30 am

This article from the Mayo Clinic represents a mainstream Western Medicine perspective on Kombuchu Tea. Not a surprise that it is skeptical of the alleged benefits to be gained from drinking this brew, primarily because it hasn't been the subject of extensive medical research to validate the claims made for it. :-\

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/consumer-health/expert-answers/kombucha-tea/faq-20058126
Last edited by Doc Stier on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:48 am

Here's a video describing how to make the Kombuchu Tea. I made it at home and drank it regularly years ago when it first gained popularity. I didn't observe any dramatic affects on my overall health, as I was already very healthy and disease free, so I didn't continue using it.

As a Natural Health Consultant and Primary Health Care Provider for more than 40 years times, I am often asked for advice and opinions regarding the latest, greatest natural health fad, so I have always tested these things on myself in order to give an opinion based upon my own experience. Your mileage may vary! ;)

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/make-kombucha
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby chud on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:52 am

Once you acquire a taste for it, Kombucha Tea is pretty good.

I used to buy bottles of it at the nearby health food store, then a co-worker who grows / brews it gave me a scobee (slimy starter fungus thing) and I started brewing it for a while in my closet.
My wife did not like it at all (had the same opinion as Alexatron about his daughter's closet), and eventually it was too much for me to keep up with on a regular basis, so I dumped it.

By the way, it's better to use mostly black tea, since the green tea doesn't seem to work as well. I did a mixture of black and green tea.

Like Doc says, I'm not sure if it gave me any health benefits or not.
Last edited by chud on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic