Obamacans: Republicans for Obama

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Obamacans: Republicans for Obama

Postby steelincotton on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:26 am

It's fascinating how many people are inspired and awed by Mr. Obama's words and actions. He really IS change. We have never seen anything like this man in American politics in our lifetimes (perhaps except for JFK/MLK). Talk about working across the aisle, and getting something done in Washington......Even some powerful well known hard core righties are supporting and endorsing Obama. Even they know a good thing when they see one!

These are the fiscal conservative, never voted democrat in thier entire lives types of republicans too, and they ALL believe that Obama is best suited to fix our economic situation. Not that I like all these people per se, but kudos for them for breaking stupid party lines for the better of our overall country. :)

Here's the latest list of republicans/Obamacans who have seen the light and have endorsed Obama (I'm sure there are more, but this is what I have for the now):

Colin Powell
Scott McClellan (former Bush press secretary)
Charles Fried (former McCain advisor)
Ronald Reagan Jr.
Susan Eisenhower
Julie Nixon (former Pres Nixon's daughter)
Ken Adleman (former Bush advisor)
The Chicago Tribune (first time they ever endorsed a democrat since the paper began)
Alison Goldwater Ross (McCain's republican idol was her father Barry Goldwater)
Christopher Hitchens (British intellectual, neo-con, writer for the Vanity Fair)
Christopher Buckley (son of Willam F Buckley)
Senator Ben Nelson (Nebraska)
Ben Bernanke (Federal Reserve Chairman)
Wayne Gilchrest (maverick Republican from Maryland)
Senator Lincoln Chafee (former Sen from RI)
Gov. William Weld (MA)
Gov. Arne Carlson (MN)
Senator Larry Pressler (SD)
Michael Smerconish

<It's also interesting how Condi Rice hasn't endorsed McCain yet either, I bet she won't either because of that horrible Palin pick>

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/10/24/172123/41
http://www.conservativesforclinton.com/
http://www.newsweek.com/id/107476
Last edited by steelincotton on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Re: Obamacans: Republicans for Obama

Postby Dmitri on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:51 am

steelincotton wrote:It's fascinating how many people are inspired and awed by Mr. Obama's words and actions.

Fascinating indeed. :P
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:16 pm

I am constantly amazed by all the kool-aid drinkers in the world.

S- befuddled, awe-struck, terrified...etc...
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Not that I like all these people per se, but kudos for them for breaking stupid party lines for the better of our overall country. :)

Damn right!

I am constantly amazed by all the kool-aid drinkers in the world.

No kool-aid drinking here bro, just people listening to what these guys have to offer and standing up for what they believe in.
CaliG

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:42 pm

Real Americans don't drink Kool-Aid :) errr, they drink bottled water.

The only thing the crossovers shows is that, if he wins, Obama would have support from some prominent Republicans, and more than a few average ones. Otoh, McCain's got Joe Lieberman ... so, it's about even.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm

Ya know what, if he transforms us out of all of this into something positive I'll be the first on there to applaud it.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:49 pm

shawnsegler wrote:Ya know what, if he transforms us out of all of this into something positive I'll be the first on there to applaud it.

S

Ok. Noted. :D
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby bigphatwong on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:49 pm

You know, up until 2 hours ago I was planning to vote for Obama myself. I like his healthcare plan, and he seems to have a strategy for ending the war. But this morning I found out he was planning to ignore his oath of office and grant 38 million illegal aliens automatic citizenship, which doesn't sit right by me. Then I come here and (dun dun DUNN!) it's another Obama thread. Day in and day out we have to listen to you blathering on about your idol like some pimply teenager at a Paul McCartney concert. Enough already! Zealots like you are actually hurting your cause by turning off swing voters with your blatant nutriding. You are not "instrumental", you are not "winning hearts and minds", you are nothing to me but a goddamn monkey jumping up and down on a piece of samsonite luggage. It was just as annoying when Dmitri and the Ron Paul cheerleaders were doing it, so knock it off! I have enough sense to make up my own mind. I'm almost hoping that McCain wins just so we can all take a gigantic dump on your face.

It's gotten to the point where I see one more "Obama is t3h M3551AH!!!" thread, and I swear to fucking hell I'm voting for Popeye.
Last edited by bigphatwong on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:55 pm

bigphatwong wrote:It's gotten to the point where I see one more "Obama is t3h M3551AH!!!" thread, and I swear to fucking hell I'm voting for Popeye.

That certainly is a mature and reasonable way to make your political decisions.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:00 pm

bigphatwong wrote:Ron Paul cheerleaders

I beg to differ. Ron Paul needed support because he was consistently and decidedly ignored by the mass media from the very beginning, whereas this one has been all over the damn news and TV, the media loves him dearly, 'cause he's charismatic and says all the right things everyone wants to hear. :P
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:02 pm

Steve James wrote:The only thing the crossovers shows is that, if he wins, Obama would have support from some prominent Republicans, and more than a few average ones. Otoh, McCain's got Joe Lieberman ... so, it's about even.

Actually Steve, I think Lieberman may be begining to crack "again." He see's the way the winds are blowing according to this article. These days, he's speaking much nicer about Obama than he use to.. Interesting... :)

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archiv ... 015376.php

BTW, I forgot about Warren Buffett, he's for Obama as well. :)
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/08/ ... uffett.php
Last edited by steelincotton on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby bigphatwong on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:03 pm

TaoJoannes wrote:
bigphatwong wrote:It's gotten to the point where I see one more "Obama is t3h M3551AH!!!" thread, and I swear to fucking hell I'm voting for Popeye.

Hey... with him and Woody Woodpecker as VP, we'd be well on our way to more entertaining saturday morning programming.

Can you feel the CHANGE?????
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:04 pm

bigphatwong wrote:
TaoJoannes wrote:

Hey... with him and Woody Woodpecker as VP, we'd be well on our way to more entertaining saturday morning programming.

Can you feel the CHANGE?????

Well, it's certainly a better choice than Humbert Humbert and his little Lolita.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby CaliG on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:05 pm

bigphatwong wrote: Then I come here and (dun dun DUNN!) it's another Obama thread. Day in and day out we have to listen to you blathering on about your idol like some pimply teenager at a Paul McCartney concert. Enough already! Zealots like you are actually hurting your cause by turning off swing voters with your blatant nutriding. You are not "instrumental", you are not "winning hearts and minds", you are nothing to me but a goddamn monkey jumping up and down on a piece of samsonite luggage. It was just as annoying when Dmitri and the Ron Paul cheerleaders were doing it, so knock it off! I have enough sense to make up my own mind. I'm almost hoping that McCain wins just so we can all take a gigantic dump on your face.

It's gotten to the point where I see one more "Obama is t3h M3551AH!!!" thread, and I swear to fucking hell I'm voting for Popeye.

So you're not voting for Obama because a lot of people on this board think he can change the direction the country is in? Who's being the rebellious teen now?

CaliG

Postby steelincotton on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Now that's funny CaliG!!! [email protected]
Last edited by steelincotton on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Next

Return to Off the Topic