Gladiators' Diet

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Gladiators' Diet

Postby Bob on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:18 pm

I also think there is some confusion over simple vs complex carbohydrates. I doubt if any of the grains were refined and beans are a protein rich carbohydrate i.e. fava beans along with other beans.

Mixing grains and beans also insures the full complement of amino acids.

Also there are tribes in the mountain areas of central and south America who survive primarily on complex carbohydrates and they are fit and slim.

For the record I am not a full-time vegetarian - a couple of meatless days here and there a week. I still love my pork but in small portions along with greens.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:16 am

Azer:

Cheers, that article is in line with my thinking. Great website, too.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Azer on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:22 am

You know I only looked at the rest of the site after your above post, indeed a lot of interesting MA bits on there! Cheers! :)
"All around, dude, try to imagine cold, cause the van is kinda hot, wrap the rat in tacky coat" - Duke Duke
Azer
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic