Xinyiliuhe kicking Gwai Lou's ass

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Xinyiliuhe kicking Gwai Lou's ass

Postby leifeng on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:02 pm

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzk1ODQ1MTQ0.html
This is what happens to Gwai lous who challenge Chinese kungfu. -dropjaw-
Last edited by leifeng on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
leifeng
Huajing

Re: Xinyiliuhe kicking Gwai Lou's ass

Postby nicklinjm on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:56 pm

You know that this is all scripted right? And I doubt very much that the Russian (Igor) is ex-Russian special forces like they say, look at his attacks at 23 minutes in, he's throwing wild haymakers, no sign of his Sambo training at all. This is just another example of Chinese kungfu living in a dream world.

I'm sure Zhang Yunlong has good gongfu (after all, he is a grandstudent of the great Shang Xueli), but there's no way to tell from this video.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby leifeng on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:45 pm

There is a reason I posted this in off topic. I don't know Zhang Yunlong and he doesn't show anything in this video but I like his form and weapon videos. I just don't understand why they make such disgusting post-opium-war attitude TV shows. I don't think they can even fool the kids in the elementary school.

::) Well maybe they are targetting the retired Ayis as their audience. I am seeing more and more grannies practicing Xinyiliuhe these days. Probably they are getting bored of Taichi.
Last edited by leifeng on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby Ian on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:46 am

I like the dramatic Shaw Brothers finger wagging.
"You... you... you... you want to challenge my shifu??"

Also like how the hero didn't 手下留情. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU MESS WITH THE WARRIORS!!!

This had me on the edge of my seat.
Ian

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:55 am

Looks like we are heading back in time to the Bagua masters who handily defeated mighty (but, alas, unidentified) "Russian strongmen/rasslers/boxers" in front of the hometown crowd. I believe the Sifu "Jet Lee" has defeated several of these boastful oafs.

Actually, this same team (albeit without "Igor the Russian Special Forces guy" - who is so good at sambo he can't even do a breakfull) did a very good docco on their visit to Chen Village, where they pushed with some PH guys in Wenxian, then did a bit of free fighting with Wang Xian's son, who chucked them about. Their remit seemed to be, 'Sanda looks like kickboxing, so how is TCMA applied?" which is a good question and a good mission statement. But it was all pretty adult, none of this nonsensical and transparently scripted stuff. And the free fighting was/looked real - not this stagey shit
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby leifeng on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:24 am

ctually, this same team (albeit without "Igor the Russian Special Forces guy" - who is so good at sambo he can't even do a breakfull) did a very good docco on their visit to Chen Village, where they pushed with some PH guys in Wenxian, then did a bit of free fighting with Wang Xian's son, who chucked them about.

Just watched the other documentary. Looked better than this one but such a shame Igor wasn't there. Maybe as they said he was busy protecting Putin. Or maybe Putin was protecting him...
Last edited by leifeng on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:54 am

I would be willing to be that Putin can break fall better than his alleged "bodyguard" here.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Ian wrote:THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU MESS WITH THE WARRIORS!!!

IMDB Warriors entry wrote:Orphan Leader: [brandishing a razor and shouting] You see what you get, Warriors? You see what you get when you mess with the Orphans?
Michael

Postby chenyaolong on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Well it gave me a sense of the greatness of the Chinese nation, and the inferiority of the white man, who only knows how to use brute force to get what he wants.
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby chenyaolong on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm

of course it wasn't scripted... the description clearly said 真功夫
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby leifeng on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:17 am

Here is the new episode, demolishing Wolverine and Mike Tyson:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODE0MDE3OTUy.html

加油!!!
Last edited by leifeng on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby chenyaolong on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:31 am

I suppose anything that is pushing the idea the kung fu is about fighting and not doing backflips into the splits is progress in China. Sure it's cheesy as hell, but maybe that cheese will get more young Chinese training
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby leifeng on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:40 am

I don't think the young Chinese are that stupid. If I saw these TV shows years ago I would never start training Kungfu and I was pretty stupid back then. What has destroyed kungfu is dishonest practitioners who fool people but these guys are really taking it to the next level.
leifeng
Huajing

Return to Off the Topic