chess

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

chess

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:44 am

the president understands how to play chess, looks like the "GOP"
only play checkers. ;)

Republicans could struggle to roll back immigration changes
Obama’s executive action to protect millions from deportation has drawn ire from Republicans — but no clear plan yet on how to respond

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-could ... 31416.html
windwalker
Wuji

Re: chess

Postby chud on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:49 am

"So, I respect the passion of these young people because they feel deeply about the concerns for their families. Now, what you need to know, when I’m speaking, as President of the United States, and I come to this community, is that, if, in fact, I could solve all these problems without passing this through Congress, then I would do so. We’re also a nation of laws. That’s part of our tradition. And so, the easy way out is to try to yell and pretend like I can do something by violating our laws, and what I’m proposing is the harder path: to use our democratic processes to achieve the same goal you want to achieve. But it won’t be as easy as just shouting, it requires us lobbying and getting it done." (President Barack Obama, November 25, 2013)
Last edited by chud on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:05 am

For the 1st time in my life, I realize that America policy (both foreign and domestic) is tailored to the fear of the populace.
Strategy is a Terrible Thing!

This clip is so hard to find because the truth is a bitch!

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/tnawa2/ke ... epublicans
Last edited by yeniseri on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby chud on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:35 am

As long as we're posting comedy skits, here's one.

Saturday Night Live opened their show this weekend with a skit showing President Obama pushing the SchoolHouse Rock Bill down the steps: click

So much for "chess". I'd say the president is still playing checkers, but he doesn't seem to be following the rules of any game at all...
Last edited by chud on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:54 am

We are watching the same "game" but coming to different assessments!
POTUS is operating within the Game since Congress is a "checks and balance" static counter (refusing to act) while POTUS is checked (no place to move as he can never be The Emperor as claimed because this is USA) so I see more of the weiqi (Go) staretgem in occupying strategic points (policy) to attempt to move the US Congress to do something but they do nothing.

In situations like these, it is the America people who lose because their votes are bought and sold on Media illusion and they act like Pavlovian creatures upon the code words according to Lee Atwater and it is working splendidly ;D
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:41 am

yeniseri wrote:http://www.cc.com/video-clips/tnawa2/key-and-peele-obama-s-meeting-with-republicans

Not that much exaggeration here, lol.
Michael

Return to Off the Topic