How to not get your ass kicked, by Chris Rock

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

How to not get your ass kicked, by Chris Rock

Postby Steve James on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:19 am

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: How to not get your ass kicked, by Chris Rock

Postby Michael on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:22 pm

I saw this dude on youtube in Texas, guess what color he is lol, who gives these lectures where he says if you get pulled over you should stop, get out of the car instantly, lock it with the keys inside, refuse to open it (although you have a door key hidden in your wallet), refuse to answer anything, and then challenge the LEO verbally by saying things like, "What is the nature of the emergency and why did you pull me over?"

I couldn't last more than about 10 minutes with Eddie Craig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3nok7Cby28
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:54 pm

I can't fault him for his view. Shucks, the problem is that I (and a lot of others) actually believe it, too. Ya know, the reason "Stop and frisk" laws were created was specifically because people were asserting the "Constitutional" rights to "probable cause" before being searched.

But, as Chris Rock points out --in spite of the hilariously exaggerated thuggie-- is that in order to make sure that your ass isn't kicked, you should bow, kowtow or just bend over. That's not just true for me, nowadays. Actually, I've managed to keep out of confrontations with police. Yeah, "calm and submissive" works, especially when someone needs dominance and has a weapon. Yeah, it's all fine and dandy until it happens to "you." For a long time, the majority of people believed that it couldn't happen to them. "Just say no." Here's a shorter version of your video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InyCNDZJOGA
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:58 pm

The first time I saw the Chris Rock video, a couple years ago, was in my city police department's "citizens' police academy" program. One of the officers showed it to the class. After we watched, a lively discussion on racial profiling ensued. I had to respect their willingness to address this pressing issue so frankly.
Last edited by Interloper on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:28 am

My observation, as limited as it is, has led me to state that asserting one rights is still reason for a police beatdown despite evidence showing it is positive. It will work/has worked for the usual suspects WHILE not working for the usual victims of this process. Again, the more cameras present, the better because evidence is present. No camera/videos, etc only means more abuse for those of a certain ilk, regardless of how civilized they are. Perhaps someone will show 2 videos I have in mind where a retired police officer was asserting his rights, when he questioned a stop, where despite the suspect being "white" he, the black person was stated to be a suspect! The other video about a man sitting in a mall/next to a mall entrance (in a mall) waiting to pick up his son/daughter and someone called the police stating a black man was suspicious because he was just sitting there. The man asserted his rights under the law but it only got the police riled up where he had to be taken in. He ended up being detained but was later let go. I can't make this up if I tried.

Yeh. Chris Rock is funny!
Last edited by yeniseri on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Interloper on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:24 pm

This is the video of the man arrested in the mall while waiting to pick up his daughter.

Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Here's a trucker pulling over a cop for using his phone while driving.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUOiZqUD-0
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:10 pm

Steve James wrote:I can't fault him for his view. Shucks, the problem is that I (and a lot of others) actually believe it, too. Ya know, the reason "Stop and frisk" laws were created was specifically because people were asserting the "Constitutional" rights to "probable cause" before being searched.

I'm totally with you, Steve, and I also agree with Craig, but I wonder if his suggestions are practical and safe considering the actual conditions right now. I know what happens if I am assertive with police: if they are "by the book" police, they listen and follow the letter of the law. If they are bullies or have some PTSD or emotional issues, they escalate quickly to any level you care to imagine. And when I say "assertive", I mean calm and polite, but responding explicitly to everything the cop does and says, whether agreeing or disagreeing with explanation. I rarely do that because being a nice guy is usually all that's needed for my traffic stops or other simple interactions.

I think the police in the USA should be more deferential and much less aggressive, and from what I've seen on videos of people asserting their rights in the UK, such as Charlie Veitch, police in England seem to have a good handle on how to balance these two. In the USA, the police are taking the fringe exceptions to Constitutional rights and making them the policy that is most frequently used without justification. I mean that stop and frisk is really an emergency and safety procedure within legitimate police powers, but they're overusing it and abusing it for racial profiling and general intimidation.

I saw that video from Hammond a couple of weeks ago (there are probably thousands online, many worse than Hammond's experience) and remembered that a similar issue came up a few years ago, but in regards to the stopping of people within 100 miles of the border, so it's a slightly different issue. The ACLU says there is a de facto 100 mile "Constitution-free zone" inside the borders that covers the vast majority of the US population, except a few places like Denver and Dallas, lol.

In fact, a man refused to be searched 50 miles from the Arizona border with Mexico and they tased him, but he won later in court. He happens to be a Pastor, but that was not relevant for the incident with the police.

Anderson Beaten & Tased by Border Patrol & DPS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJF5cUWXA_A
Uploaded on May 12, 2009 by sanderson1611

Download a high quality version of this video here.
Michael

Postby yeniseri on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm

NEWS UPDATE

This has been happening for some time but now it is on video. Michigan police attempted to arrest a black man for walking with his hands in his pocket. Apparently a citizen saw this and call police because he was in fear of his life, or it was suspicious! goddam! W T F, people! I cannot make this stuff up! I ain't that good. ???
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:19 pm

"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:20 pm

yeniseri wrote:NEWS UPDATE

This has been happening for some time but now it is on video. Michigan police attempted to arrest a black man for walking with his hands in his pocket. Apparently a citizen saw this and call police because he was in fear of his life, or it was suspicious! goddam! W T F, people! I cannot make this stuff up! I ain't that good. ???

I hear he didn't even get as much as an apology.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:23 am

I'm sure he made a furtive movement that only the ghost of Zhang San Feng could see.
Michael

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:59 pm

No doubt. Damn those fast twitch muscles! Haha! :)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Trip on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:44 pm

Trip
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic