Police brutality?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Police brutality?

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Turms out the kid's father is a cop and the family is suing this cop.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:44 pm

The back story about stepping on someone else's lawn we've probably all seen in some forms with neighbor disputes. Also not surprised the kid's father is a cop as the kid being grabbed was pretty level-headed compared to the guy who grabbed him. The thing almost played out like one of those hyper-escalating stand your ground stories: you stepped on my lawn, I shoot you.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:25 am

Speaking of walking on the lawn.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Time to move and find a new lawn.

Kevin Ferguson (Police Officer) | Wiki & Bio | Everipedia, the encyclopedia of everything

https://www.everipedia.com/kevin-j-ferg ... e-officer/
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:01 pm

Michael wrote:The back story about stepping on someone else's lawn we've probably all seen in some forms with neighbor disputes. Also not surprised the kid's father is a cop as the kid being grabbed was pretty level-headed compared to the guy who grabbed him. The thing almost played out like one of those hyper-escalating stand your ground stories: you stepped on my lawn, I shoot you.

Thanks goodness it was all caught on camera. I imagine Zimmerman wasn't that different from Kevin Ferguson.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:43 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 am

http://www.azfamily.com/clip/13966895/warning-graphic-raw-video-shows-deadly-mesa-police-shooting

The man killed by police in the hotel in Arizona had an airsoft gun and was showing it off to a lady friend near a window of his hotel room when someone down by the pool called it into police as a threat of some kind.

That thing they do, Death By Simon Says I guess I'll call it, that's pretty friggin' bizarre. DI's don't even do that in boot camp because you'll just be unable to listen and comply after maybe the third command under much less pressure than having six dudes sighted in on you a few steps away. This is some pretty weird training they're getting, which was apparently the crux of the testimony in the officer's defense during the trial from the police academy instructor.

And what the heck was going on with the sergeant calling the suspect on the house phone and couldn't even explain to the dude what they wanted him to do? Obvioulsy the instructions over the phone were not appropriate to what the locked and loaded cops in the hall would have wanted since the two people just walzted out with no precautions. I'm gonna assume the two people in the room were not told to come out one at a time, maybe hands up or something. Sure didn't look like it.
Michael

Postby origami_itto on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:31 am

Michael wrote: This is some pretty weird training they're getting, which was apparently the crux of the testimony in the officer's defense during the trial from the police academy instructor.

They're trained that being afraid is justification to kill, then they're trained to be afraid of everything.

EDIT: After having watched the video in entirety for the first time, the cop wasn't afraid he was just waiting for a box to be checked so he could justify murdering a man. Fuck that piece of shit pig.
Last edited by origami_itto on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 am

I'm wondering if there is a higher chance of being acquitted if the un-armed and compliant victim is dead compared to injured because without the victim's testimony there might be less of a sympathetic response for the victim compared to the sympathy for the officer's side of the story as the defendant.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:25 am

I don't know about acquittal, but I doubt anyone's trained to shoot to wound. And, it does lessen the cost of law suits.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 am

Yeah, I think you're right.

There was a case in Michigan, I think, several years ago of a man on his weekend Harley rolling through a stop sign in a pretty normal residential neighborhood at night and when he got stopped, the cop shot him a couple or three times while he sat on his bike. Cop said when the dude took his hands of the bike's gruips and turned his torso around to see the officer, it put the cop at risk. Police academy training officer and FBI expert testified at the trial that the cop was trained correctly to shoot in that situation, but surprisingly he was still convicted.

I'm only looking at one data point for surviving victims, but it seems some of the testimony went the same way as when they victims die, and it always surprises me when there's an acquittal, so I'm trying to make sense of it.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 am

Hmm, didn't you read the recent admission by some officers that they carried toy pistols to drop in case there was a questionable shooting? I'm on the phone now, but you can Google it.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 am

Michael wrote: I'm trying to make sense of it.

They are allowed to murder when they are afraid and are taught to fear everything
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:16 am

Steve James wrote:Hmm, didn't you read the recent admission by some officers that they carried toy pistols to drop in case there was a questionable shooting? I'm on the phone now, but you can Google it.

Yes, I did read that in the past couple of days. I believe that was specifically in Baltimore.
Michael

Postby Michael on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 am

oragami_itto wrote:
Michael wrote: I'm trying to make sense of it.

They are allowed to murder when they are afraid and are taught to fear everything

There sure seem to be a lot of high profile cases that demonstrate that as a long-term trend.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic