Police brutality?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Police brutality?

Postby windwalker on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:27 pm

lets try... ;)

you do like to write a lot but dont say much.

what is it in the clips posted that you found so offensive?

are other people who actually work as police or are in charge of police officers
not to be heard with their view points? Or is Steve the deciding factor for you?

If Steve, feels he's the problem maybe he is,,,this is America one can be anything they choose to be.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:11 pm

Steve James wrote:
Naw, I'm the Black man. I'm the problem. Me and my sons and grandsons.

interesting. This commentator has a different view point.
He says the brake down of the family is the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwaBO6U43U
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:00 pm

"Brake" down in the family ... Yeah, right, I was raised by a single-mom. I've seen my dad six times in my life, the last 38 years ago.

But, anyway, who gives a fuck what he says. You asked who or what the problem was. You post links and videos that express who you think the problem is. Of course, when it comes to Muslims, it's a bit clearer. But, whatever, whenever you post that stuff --always without expressing it fully yourself-- you are talking directly about me and my sons. And, it's not because I decide to take it that way. Oh well, maybe many others think that you're being objective and thoughtful.

Ya know, Einstein wrote an essay about Americans and "race" relations back in the 40s. It's probably worth looking up --if only as party trivia.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:17 pm

You post links and videos that express who you think the problem is.

you need to drop that shit.
its not who its what, and always has been.....

your the one who brings your self into it,,,,dont like it fuck it....
think you know something try rebutting it with facts..talking about the subject...

So your a "black man" who asked you,,,who cares....I dont, maybe it means something to others.
the net where ideas should be expressed and thought out...instead you choose to start off with " I'm a black man"
good for you,,,,,does this somehow give your ideas more value....really?

you like the echo chamber.......
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:23 pm

I agree it's a tragedy and unless we acknowledge that there is a problem this pattern will continue.

@G,

to acknowledge a problem one has to first define it.....
many are either unable or unwilling to look objectively at it...

leaving the echo chamber.....
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:02 pm

Why are people who disagree about internal/external labels occasionally banned from rsf and windwalker keeps racist trolling along?

And when has he ever followed up on his continual threats to leave a thread, including this one? When he returns from his 36th echo chamber of shaolin we shall finally know.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:58 am

As far as moderating the forum, I agree it can be inconsistent but I realize and respect that like me the mods have lives and don't really have time to plan rent-a-cop on each and every topic. I respect that but I can understand the frustration too when someone will choose any random video YouTube or comments from a cop forum as these are somehow factual proven sources of information but then again we're all adults here so I sometimes believe that moderating might be the best form of moderating but I could be wrong.

windwalker wrote:
I agree it's a tragedy and unless we acknowledge that there is a problem this pattern will continue.

@G,

to acknowledge a problem one has to first define it.....
many are either unable or unwilling to look objectively at it...

leaving the echo chamber.....

No one is leaving the echo chamber. I'm at work and I don't have time to debate with someone, like Trump, who denies that a problem even exists. You're a man and your entitled to your opinion, although I know others see you as trolling I believe you actually represent what a lot of Trump supporters believe. Obviously you think that these black men deserved what happened to them in some way because they were resisting or had a criminal history or because the police were defending themselves, I get it. I don't agree but I get but I have no need to have that same conversation all over again.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:27 am

Hye, I found that Einstein essay. http://www.onbeing.org/program/albert-e ... stion-1946

It'd be interesting to know which sentence in the essay expresses his sentiment best.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:37 am

windwalker wrote:
You post links and videos that express who you think the problem is.

you need to drop that shit.
its not who its what, and always has been.....

That's exactly the same impression that I get from the videos you post and your comments, WW. Your refusal to respond to questions or engage with any honesty on this or the no-touch topic makes discussion pointless. Multiple people have been telling you this for a while, several frequent posters. Haven't you noticed?
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:40 am

The Young Turks respond to the meme that blacks are more frequently victims of violence because they are inherently more prone to committing violence, an idea propagated by pretty much all of WW's videos, which is totally absurd and incorrect. I think this video disproves it statistically, if there's even any need to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJHJwTP40Ok
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:45 am

Steve James wrote:Hye, I found that Einstein essay. http://www.onbeing.org/program/albert-e ... stion-1946

It'd be interesting to know which sentence in the essay expresses his sentiment best.

Too many good sentences in there to select just one.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:27 am

Michael wrote:
Steve James wrote:Hye, I found that Einstein essay. http://www.onbeing.org/program/albert-e ... stion-1946

Too many good sentences in there to select just one.

True; this IMO best reflects the essence of the problem and the basis for, and the beginning of, its eventual resolution:
A large part of our attitude toward things is conditioned by opinions and emotions which we unconsciously absorb as children from our environment. In other words, it is tradition—besides inherited aptitudes and qualities—which makes us what we are. We but rarely reflect how relatively small as compared with the powerful influence of tradition is the influence of our conscious thought upon our conduct and convictions.

It would be foolish to despise tradition. But with our growing self-consciousness and increasing intelligence we must begin to control tradition and assume a critical attitude toward it, if human relations are ever to change for the better. We must try to recognize what in our accepted tradition is damaging to our fate and dignity—and shape our lives accordingly.

I've said most of it over the years in one form or another, but that is one extremely well-written article. ("Duh", I know, it's Einstein after all... It's just SO damn well-written that I can't help but say it anyway. :P)

Thanks for the link
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Taste of Death wrote:Why are people who disagree about internal/external labels occasionally banned from rsf and windwalker keeps racist trolling along?

And when has he ever followed up on his continual threats to leave a thread, including this one? When he returns from his 36th echo chamber of shaolin we shall finally know.

I been wondering why you guys have been letting Windwalker troll the life out of this forum for months (going on years?) now. Its a shame cuz I really do miss posting regularly even tho it seems half the members have left since the last time I did post regularly. I guess I'll keep lurking tho till the mods sort this shit out.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:36 am

The Baton Rouge police detained the store owner for five hours and took his video of the shooting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shopkeeper-s ... html?nhp=1
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:00 am

grzegorz wrote:The Baton Rouge police detained the store owner for five hours and his video of the shooting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shopkeeper-s ... html?nhp=1

They arrested the guy who posted the video on his facebook page in Atlanta for a nonexistent prior assault and battery charge. Turned out he owed $1200 for parking fines but they lied about the a & b, took him from his job on an air force base in cuffs and SHACKLES, and held him for 26 hours. For parking tickets. They tried to hold him for a week without bail. Just for posting the video on his facebook page. He may lose his job because of the phoney assault and battery charge. He is an Air Force veteran, too.
Last edited by Taste of Death on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic