Atheists vs. Mary's Gourmet Diner

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Atheists vs. Mary's Gourmet Diner

Postby grzegorz on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:31 am

Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Atheists vs. Mary's Gourmet Diner

Postby grzegorz on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Being that I'm practically an atheist I thought this was pretty funny.

Unfortunately I'd never use the label because it has been hijacked and become a political movement which criticizes anything having to do with religion.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Interloper on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Groups like that give a bad rap to normal folks who happen to be atheists.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:16 am

I thought groups like Mary's Diner give a bad rap to people who happen to also believe in God and his magic.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby grzegorz on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:59 am

meeks wrote:I thought groups like Mary's Diner give a bad rap to people who happen to also believe in God and his magic.

If there was a sign on the for saying no atheists allowed I could agree with you. Otherwise I often wonder why atheist don't use their time to do something useful.

Seems that if you don't believe in life after death then you should be living up your one shot at life. This is why I can't take Dawkins seriously. He wants me to a radical atheist to which I say, "Get lost!" I'm going to train, drink wine, grow avocados and get along with people. Meanwhile I'm sure Dawkins still loves the Royal family and sings "God saved the queen" which to me is much more bizarre than someone believing that there is something divine somewhere out there.

I remember a British lady invited me to Christmas dinner where they were going to watch the Queen give her Christmas message to which I replied that I wouldn't even bow if I met the queen so why would I want to see that? Needless to say she never spoke to me again and she was an atheist.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic