do not walk with hands in pocket..

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

do not walk with hands in pocket..

Postby emptycloud on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:12 am

emptycloud

Re: do not walk with hands in pocket..

Postby Michael on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:46 am

Terror Stopped For Putting My Hand In My Pocket
"YOU. STAND OVER THERE."

http://infowars.net/articles/july2008/080708Police.htm

I liked it in the old days when they would add something to the hands in pocket accusation, such as "He made a furtive movement while his hands were in his pocket."

Or maybe, "It looked like he had a weapon in his pocket with the hand in it [according to my x-ray vision]."

They're just not so creative these days.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:03 am

I don't see what the fuss is about... some paranoid person reported a "suspicious character", a (very nice in this case) officer stopped by to check it out. All is well, everyone's happy, -- even the "victim" who got some hits on YouTube out of this terrible suffering that he endured.

On second thought, maybe he should sue the Universe for things happening in it.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:19 am

In this case it seems like nothing, but for those who've been harassed by the police or those who dislike living in a society where any idiot can call the cops—because someone said your hands are in your pockets—and the cop doesn't have the sense to take a look and see there's nothing going on, it is more than just a brief and uninvited interaction with a nice policeman.

On the other hand, probably not this case, but I'm also tiring of people being confrontational with the police for absolutely no reason and putting it on youtube. I would love to see the police train to handle this the way I've seen so many Bobbies in the UK deal with it quite well, e.g. Charlie Veitch and Love Police, but in the USA the training for the police is to escalate.

I have seen some in the USA and Canada who do the youtubing the police quite well and without provocations, more matter of factly, such as youtube channel Weaving Spider out of Toronto, and a few others.

This Oceanside policeman dealt very well with an inarticulate youtuber who needs to practice his Malcolm X speeches or something, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFzH5Oe-YL4
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:10 am

I can understand calling the police when a person sees someone doing something suspicious or is in a private or restricted area. I don't know what the exact circumstances were of the original video, but it wouldn't be surprising if it were in a public area and that "having hands in his pockets" was the lame excuse for not admitting that the person was suspicious because he was colored. Ok, I can understand how that happens; and, like that officer says, he has to investigate. At the same time, it should also be obvious why some people might expect this to happen to them and have a bad attitude about it. That's why the guy in the original video makes the political issue so clear: i.e., why are you stopping me? He knows why. The cop knows why. The whole thing could have lasted 10 seconds, instead of 10 minutes.

Now, if he had been peeking in back windows or jiggling doorknobs, that'd be a whole 'nother story. Otoh, if he'd end shot by the officer (or the neighbor who called), it wouldn't be so trivial. Not jiggling doorknobs is a lot easier than staying off public streets.

Anyway, I was trying to think of how the guy in the original video could have dressed to avoid suspicion. First, I thought of things without pockets. Then, I thought that maybe it'd been better if he'd worn gloves. When I pictured that in my mind, I came to the conclusion that he would seem even more threatening with gloves, especially if his hands were clenched. Well, maybe something more revealing, I thought. How about Bermuda shorts! Naw; that would make him look crazy. A parka? Too much like a hoodie. Oh well.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:28 am

IMO kind of BS

Police state_ Why are your hands in your pockets_
<a href="/channel/UChRjq0XmHaBgxPz9Uc2JV5A" class=" yt-uix-sessionlink spf-link g-hovercard" data-sessionlink="ei=Sa3HVKTFA5aH-QPXjYGQDA" data-ytid="UChRjq0XmHaBgxPz9Uc2JV5A" data-name="">B Mckean</a>
B Mckean
Subscribe 117
Add to
More
2,682 242
Published on Nov 27, 2014
Walking in the cold is suspicious..... To use this video in a commercial
player or in broadcasts,
please email
[email protected]

I wonder who called? wouldn't be the person filming it would it. ;)
The officers have no choice whether to stop someone or not if they respond to a call.

The real question would be who called? this would stop a lot of it.

Had they not stopped the clip probably would have been shown to reflect
the indifference. Either way it was a set up.

Once the officers start doing something for callers making false or misleading calls
much of it IMO will stop.

why don't they make some videos of fire alarms?

Q:
Is pulling a fire alarm a felony?
A:
QUICK ANSWER
The first offense of pulling a fire alarm without cause is a misdemeanor.
Repeat offenders can face felony charges. However, the first offense may result in felony charges if the prank results in injury or property damage. KNOW MORE

http://www.ask.com/government-politics/ ... 2da15412a9

Anonymity of calls for officers helps to encourage calls, and protects those from calling to face any possible threats by those called on.
At some point, IMO this will change if it gets to out of hand.

For those interested in knowing where their officers are at, to avoid unintended incidents
https://www.waze.com/ might be an interesting app to use.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:10 am

WW, I doubt that the person taking the video made the call in the OP's video, but of course it's possible.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:57 am

Um, so the guy put his hands in his pocket and called the police to say that there was someone walking with his hands in his pocket, so they should send someone to investigate. Then, when the police arrive, he videos them to show ... that they respond to people walking with their hands in their pockets? Well, he proved that point ;) He didn't prove police brutality; that's fer sure.

Of course, maybe it was a Black, Asian or Hispanic person who called. That would still prove his point, if that was his plan. Otoh, maybe he was just walking down the street and found it strange that he was being stopped. So, he took out his phone ... just like the officer :) Otooh, maybe there was no call at all. It's possible. Choices, choices, choices; eeeny, meeny, miney, mu.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 pm

you left one out, if the officer was non-white it wouldn't have been videoed.

Since 1855, the Supreme Court of the United States has consistently ruled that law enforcement officers have no duty to protect any individual, despite the motto "protect and serve". Their duty is to enforce the law in general. The first such case was in 1855 (South v. State of Maryland (Supreme Court of the United States 1855). Text) and the most recent in 2005 (Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales).[91]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police

quite interesting

WW, I doubt that the person taking the video made the call in the OP's video, but of course it's possible. Either way, it's not an anomaly and when you say they have to respond to a call, that's totally wrong. Seriously, you have to start getting some basic facts straight here. The police choose what calls they respond to and if this is news to you, you're lucky to have been living somewhere that the police respond to all calls. Where is this place?

About 15 years ago, my apartment was burglarized, I called the cops in Dallas. Twice. They refused to come. This is normal in Dallas. They don't respond to a large number of things, such as car theft.

I think must be the areas they serve.
Where is this place?
same as you over seas ;)
where if one happens to get involved with the local police its not always a good thing. :-\
In the US, of the few times I have interacted with them for example "car theft" they did respond and filed a
report.

does the app work in China?
my guess is probably not.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:27 pm

you left one out, if the officer was non-white it wouldn't have been videoed.

Naw, "you" left that out ;) As if you could possibly know what a Black man is thinking, or when he would pull out his cell phone camera, or that he wouldn't have if the officer had been .. Asian or Black. You have to make all that stuff up. I.e., that it's the Black guy who's inciting the whole thing, then videotaping it. It's a conspiracy.

Anyway, this is better.

Since 1855, the Supreme Court of the United States has consistently ruled that law enforcement officers have no duty to protect any individual, despite the motto "protect and serve". Their duty is to enforce the law in general. The first such case was in 1855 (South v. State of Maryland (Supreme Court of the United States 1855). Text) and the most recent in 2005 (Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales).[91]

Yeah, this seems like just the argument that racists would use. I.e., it's what we said in the 60s, the police are not in the community to protect anyone. You have to realize that if that's true, it means that Sharpton is right. It's right there from before the Civil War, in black and white. So, they (the police) should definitely own up to their real function, and understand the community has a right, a duty, to protect itself. "If" that's the way it is, people have to expect the attitudes they get.

Btw, where did you grab that jewel? I have to show it to my classes, so they know the real deal.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Naw, "you" left that out ;) As if you could possibly know what a Black man is thinking, or when he would pull out his cell phone camera, or that he wouldn't have if the officer had been .. Asian or Black. You have to make all that stuff up. I.e., that it's the Black guy who's inciting the whole thing, then videotaping it. It's a conspiracy.

and you you speak for all black men ::)

Last edited by windwalker on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:06 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Of course not, I'm no Herman Cain or Jesse Jackson. I speak for myself: a Black man. So, I think that you trying to psychoanalyze the Black guy who did the video as if you know what he was thinking has no meaning at all. I could go on, for example, about how White people think for quite a while. I think that if I said they all thought like you I'd get some argument.

Well, to be honest, I think that all SC decisions before the CW were racist. I'm sure there are plenty of people who think otherwise.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:52 pm

not psychoanalyzing any thing professor
just a man, let others deal with their own perceptions.

I could go on, for example, about how White people think for quite a while. I think that if I said they all thought like you I'd get some argument.

probably since for the most part I dont associate with them.

wow,lot of stuff in your head, should clear it sometime. Try talking about the event, within the context of the post.

what caught my eye was the his titling and request
To use this video in a commercial
player or in broadcasts
it seemed contrived.

I try not to have any interactions with the police, as I know some people whos interactions didnt go so well.

Police state_ Why are your hands in your pockets_ nice title

Published on Nov 27, 2014
Walking in the cold is suspicious..... good way to frame it

To use this video in a commercial anyone looking for this, to use "commercially" mm,,,does some one smell money ;)
player or in broadcasts, please email
[email protected]
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:32 pm

probably since for the most part I dont associate with them.

Um, whom do you mean by them? Anyway, like I said, I could give all my opinions on what White people thought and it wouldn't be worth a whit. And, calling your analysis of whoever the videotaper was "psycho-analysis" was being kind. You were making stuff up. C'mon, it would take a devious mind to risk calling the cops on oneself just to prove a point. To argue about the color of the responding officer is also silly. How did he know what race the officer would be? Oh, yeah, he could have done research. Like I said, it would take a devious mind. Then, what would he be trying to prove? Right, that people are stopped for merely walking with their hands in their pockets. So, the officer says --with his own mouth-- that that was why he was called, but it was the videographer's plan. Right.

Well, I say that the White cop was lying. He just saw a Black guy and decided to harass him on videotape. It's possible. I'm not too psyched about it, though. Seems like just a trivial event. Nobody even got tased. They should be congratulated. (Okay, I'm biased. Obviously, the Black guy is guilty. I hope he's learned his lesson and keeps his hands out in the open where everyone can see them).
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic