So who is ready for the Obama Riots?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

So who is ready for the Obama Riots?

Postby Royal Dragon on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Here in Chicago we have had Riots to CELEBRATE Bulls Championship Basketball victories.

Given that, if Obama wins, I think there is a high chance of celebratory Riots here.

If he loses, there will be Rioting nation wide.

Has anyone made plans for that contingency?
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Re: So who is ready for the Obama Riots?

Postby chud on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:56 pm

I think you're correct that rioting may occur either way. I live in a largely Democratic city, but in the primaries Hillary won here, so I don't think it will be as bad here.
chud
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:30 am

I've got my shotgun, police scanner and a year's supply of Ho-Hos. I'm ready as fuck.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:06 am

Ready! we're all ready!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:16 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Ready! we're all ready!

Dave will be gloating from his quiet home in Canada :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:10 am

fired up? ready to go?
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:34 pm

Good riddance to bad rubbish if they do.
Chris McKinley

Postby CaliG on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:00 pm

This is a joke right?
CaliG

Postby C-Hopkins on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:08 pm

No, I don't think so.

BUT, what puzzles me is that the same thing happened at the University Of Maryland At Colledge Park one year, when their football team won a big game and alot of people went crazy-

The strange thing is though, and what I don't understand is why no one talks about "killing off " (which is what's being implied here with shotguns and good riddances) the college kids in the event that they riot again after a big win.
Last edited by C-Hopkins on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Royal Dragon on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Why would it be a joke? There are were Riots in Chicago to celebrate the Bulls winning a Championship victory. If they can Riot for THAT, you KNOW they will riot over Obama!!

Hell, there are areas in Chicago that are STILL burnt out shells from the Riots in the 1960's!
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:12 pm

Royal Dragon wrote:Why would it be a joke? There are were Riots in Chicago to celebrate the Bulls winning a Championship victory. If they can Riot for THAT, you KNOW they will riot over Obama!!

Hell, there are areas in Chicago that are STILL burnt out shells from the Riots in the 1960's!

And of course "they" are all the same, so "they" must be gettin ready to do something violent....?
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:21 pm

I know you're just kiddin', but I sure am.... er, prepared; and midterms are graded. Btw, for a goof, google "rape, riot, negro domination." Anyway, this interesting senitment reminds me of is the "Fight of the Century" in 1910 ... almost a centennial. It was the Jack Johnson fight, and its aftermath.

"The "Fight of the Century"

Johnson's fight against Jeffries, 1910.

In 1910, former undefeated heavyweight champion James J. Jeffries came out of retirement and said, "I am going into this fight for the sole purpose of proving that a white man is better than a Negro."[2] Jeffries had not fought in six years and had to lose around 100 pounds to try to get back to his championship fighting weight.

At the fight, which took place on July 4, 1910 in front of 22,000 people, at a ring built just for the occasion in downtown Reno, Nevada, the ringside band played, "All coons look alike to me". The fight had become a hotbed of racial tension, and the promoters incited the all-white crowd to chant "kill the nigger".[3] Johnson, however, proved stronger and more nimble than Jeffries. In the 15th round, after Jeffries had been knocked down twice for the first time in his career, his people called it quits to prevent Johnson from knocking him out.

The "Fight of the Century" earned Johnson $225,000 and silenced the critics, who had belittled Johnson's previous victory over Tommy Burns as "empty," claiming that Burns was a false champion since Jeffries had retired undefeated.

Riots and Aftermath

The outcome of the fight triggered race riots that evening — the Fourth of July — all across the United States, from Texas and Colorado to New York and Washington, D.C. Johnson's victory over Jeffries had dashed white dreams of a finding a "great white hope" to defeat him. Many whites felt humiliated by the defeat of Jeffries and were incensed by Johnson's comments.[1]

Blacks, on the other hand, were jubilant, and celebrated Johnson's great victory as a victory for the entire race. Black poet William Waring Cuney later highlighted the African-American reaction to the fight in his poem, "My Lord, What a Morning". Around the country, blacks held spontaneous parades, gathered in prayer meetings, and purchased goods with winnings from backing Johnson at the bookmakers. These celebrations often drew a violent response from white men.

Some "riots" were simply African Americans celebrating in the streets. In certain cities, like Chicago, the police allowed them to continue their festivities. But in other cities the police and angry white citizens tried to subdue the celebrations. Police interrupted several attempted lynchings. In all, riots occurred in more than twenty-five states and fifty cities. At least 23 blacks and 2 whites died in the riots, and hundreds more were injured. A few white people were injured when they tried to intervene in a crowd's beating of a black man.[1]"

Otoh, I remember when "we" got "our own" holiday, as they were quick to tell me then. Peoples raised a hell of a noise, in churches. But, then there was the time that Ali beat... er, I mean the time that Jackie Robinson integrated baseball.

Then again, it might be just a little too simplistic to compare this to a silly baseball game. I mean. Are the teams really that clearly defined? If Obama offers hope to black people, does that mean that McCain is the Great White Hope? Dayum.

Anyway, I think there are so many people standing in line for 4 to 8 hours --to vote-- that they'll be too tired to burn down their houses :) Ya never now, that's why we used to urge folks to read Robert F. Johnson.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Williams

Ironically, some of his followers would vote Republican. So, they must be scare also.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm

If someone shows their tits in Montreal, there's fires on St. Catharines.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:57 pm

Well we'll see in a couple of days, but I think the idea that black people burn everything down when they get excited sounds like a gross stereotype.

They said the same thing when OJ was found guily btw...and nothing happened.

My suggestion is turn off the news, they live for this shit. Remember Y2K? ::)
Last edited by CaliG on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CaliG

Postby C-Hopkins on Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:16 pm

The whole suject is predicated on one big cluster fuck of emotions anyway, so yeah I agree It doesn't matter till it matters.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Next

Return to Off the Topic