Schwarzenegger on Obama

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Schwarzenegger on Obama

Postby Bill on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:16 am

"Every year in March I come here to organize the Arnold Classic, which is all about building the body and pumping," Schwarzenegger said.

"That's why I want to invite Senator Obama because he needs to do something about those skinny legs. I'm going to make him do some squats.

"And then we're going to make him do some biceps curls to beef up those scrawny little arms. But if he could only do something about putting some meat on his ideas.

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Schwarzenegger on Obama

Postby zenshiite on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Hahaha. Meanwhile Barack Obama made the cover of Men's Health.

C'mon Arnold... the Governator looks worse than Hulk Hogan with his saggly torso skin...
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Postby C-Hopkins on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Obama's not a bodybuilder, he's a politician.

And Schwartzenegger isn't a politicaian,

He's the Guvunaita
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Ahnold being guv shows how fucked the perception of politics in america is.

little importance is placed on real governance and too much kowtowing to celebrity shit.

sorta retarded on a lot of levels and certainly explains the current clusterfuckage that calls itself an administration.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:31 pm

The intrinsic flaw of democracy:

The majority of people are stupid
edededed
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Ahnold being guv shows how fucked the perception of politics in america is.

little importance is placed on real governance and too much kowtowing to celebrity shit.

sorta retarded on a lot of levels and certainly explains the current clusterfuckage that calls itself an administration.

Flaw in logic, a celebrity isn't any more or less capable of being a governor or any other political posiition holder than anyone else is. They should have the same chances as anyone from any other profession to pursue their goals.

As for arnolds physique, the saggy skin was going to happen, he can't stay as big as he used to be forever. Given his accomplishments he should be proud of it, like a battle scar.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:12 pm

fair enough Deus.

But do you think he was actually qualified or just popular?

This bridges nicely to the Palin question that is at hand btw. :)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:11 pm

Arnold ran on his record as a businessman and entrepreneur. Donald Trump could run for governor of NY on that basis. Mitt Romney did it in MA. Bloomberg did it in NYC (though it seems he wants to become Mayor for Life).

Ronald Reagan was head of the SAG, iinm. Then again, Lincoln was never a Senator or a Governor or even a Mayor. Of course, Jesse Ventura was also Governor the Body. There's no real relation to experience and time, or intelligence, knowledge, wisdom, maturity or any other quality.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:13 pm

My understanding is that Donald Trump is just some guy from a rich family who is the middle-aged male version of Paris Hilton: famous for being famous.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:21 pm

Not at all. The Donald is "famous" for real estate deals, specifically in NYC and Atlantic City, and for his ability to "get things done." I.e., he's the archetypical example of the idea that private industry is more efficient than government industry. His rep goes back to the mid-80s. Oh yeah, he's also famous for having lost his fortune, more than once, iinm, and made it back again.

See, but that's why he's not a politician. He finds pleasure in making money (and doing deals) and marrying supermodels. He's also Howeird Hughes about being touched and touching people. Or, should I say he's got this Jacksoneque thnk about germs.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic