Christians Against Dinosaurs

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Christians Against Dinosaurs

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children.

06/02/2015 19:48 CADministry

I'm really concerned about dinosaurs, and I think something needs to be done. The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?

Charles Darwin's later theory of evolution entirely disproved dinosaurs, yet the dinosaur lie was twisted and adapted to try to make it fit. Any proper look at the facts will reveal that dinosaurs simply never existed.

Aside from the educational aspect, dinosaurs are a very bad example for children. At my children's school, several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs), became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face. One poor girl has been left with a severely dented nose and the whole class was left traumatised by this horrible display.

Nothing about dinosaurs is suitable for children, from their total lack of family values through to their non-existence from any serious scientific point of view.

Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaurs toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children's former aunt.

Please, do what you can to get dinosaurs taken off the curriculum. Our school has been recently presented with a 214-signature petition, and following that and our recent protest the headmaster has said that he will take it the governors. We are lucky that he is so sympathetic to our cause, but I fear that others may not be.

If you would like to lend your support to our campaign, we have a Facebook group where we spread facts and research about the dinosaur myth. Hope to see you there! :-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nonexistingdinosaur/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Christians Against Dinosaurs

Postby klonk on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Sounds like a gag. See, for another perspective,

http://subversiveunity.blogspot.com/201 ... ready.html :)
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:34 pm

well the facebook group is real.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Could still be a gag. Though, there are those who believe that dinosaurs didn't live millions of years ago.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:31 pm

This group is definitely having fun.

Dinosaurs Against Christians Against Dinosaurs

Here's a comment from the FB page.

Many contributors assumed that the post was a spoof. However, the Christians Against Dinosaurs Facebook group to which it links appear to be in earnest. One user, Dylan Pato, says: "Dinosaurs never existed and anyone who believes they did is wrong. How much more ridiculous can you get? Someone clearly just thought up these giant lizard monsters and morons believe it. And these same people refuse to accept the word of our Lord. They claim to believe in 'evidence' which is clearly just oddly shaped rocks. How are rocks evidence compared to the Holy Bible? It's a BOOK, for God's sake. What kind of scientist are you if can't even read a book?"

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/t ... /48303.htm

In any other country I'd believe it was a spoof but with Americans anything is possible.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby edededed on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:06 am

Oh come on - why can't they just link behemoths with dinosaurs and leviathan with plesiosaurs? Voila, no more problem!
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:37 am

There are nuances in the wording that resonate with the concept of satire. For instance, the line about the kid "running around bestially," and "severely dented nose." The elaborate turns of phrase and vocabulary throughout the essay are not something the typical ignoramus would write. Not to mention tacitly approving of Darwin in one breath, while eschewing the existence of dinosaurs in the same breath.

It's sort of funny, like one of the old "Betty Bowers" screeds.

;D
Last edited by Interloper on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:12 am

I heard facebook was actually cracking down on satire because too many people were taking them serious.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:54 am

Well, good satire depends on the audience understanding that it is satire. That's different from trying to fool people by pretending to represent the views of other people. Still, it depends on the insight of the audience and how they decide to react.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:40 pm

Yeah - too many people who just want attention these days. It's inane to have all these "it was a joke!" articles - satire should be funny, and should be obvious that it is humor; otherwise it is just a trick.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby zenshiite on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:45 pm

There's a pretty hilarious Facebook page called "Exposing Satanism in Popular Culture" that is constantly railing against metallers. Pure satire. So many people think it's serious.
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Postby klonk on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:11 pm

zenshiite wrote:There's a pretty hilarious Facebook page called "Exposing Satanism in Popular Culture" that is constantly railing against metallers. Pure satire. So many people think it's serious.

That is so off base. Metallers, people with elaborate tattoos, pierced and/or generally out of phase with mainstream society are welcome in my church.

If you evaluate Christianity after reading the New Testament (and few postmodern critics can be bothered to actually know what they are attacking) you will find that Christ was all about the people in the margins, the unfortunate, the uncomfortable, the people who somehow are not happy with this world.
Last edited by klonk on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby zenshiite on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:14 pm

klonk wrote:
zenshiite wrote:There's a pretty hilarious Facebook page called "Exposing Satanism in Popular Culture" that is constantly railing against metallers. Pure satire. So many people think it's serious.

That is so off base. Metallers, people with elaborate tattoos, pierced and/or generally out of phase with mainstream society are welcome in my church.

If you evaluate Christianity after reading the New Testament (and few postmodern critics can be bothered to actually know what they are attacking) you will find that Christ was all about the people in the margins, the unfortunate, the uncomfortable, the people who somehow are not happy with this world.

There's a definite subset of Christian society that does trip on that stuff. That said, I knew a lot Christian hardcore punks. And there's Christian death metal etc.

Hence why I said that Facebook page is satire.
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:35 pm

SNIP
Well, good satire depends on the audience understanding that it is satire. That's different from trying to fool people by pretending to represent the views of other people. Still, it depends on the insight of the audience and how they decide to react.
SNIP

Indeedy doddly so.

I fear that these Christian taliban are so shit-backward deluded that when someone with a wicked sense of humour posts a piss-take on their own page - one so well written that it corresponds with their views - they can't help but take it seriously.

BTW, "Christians against dinosaurs" is a cracking title for a film - sounds a lot more entertaining than "Christians against lions."* I suspect there would be plenty of clergy in places like Saudia Arabia who would be delighted to fund such a project.

*And as a Christian myself: The next time I see a lion, I am going to shoot the fucker flat. Revenge!
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:44 pm

*And as a Christian myself: The next time I see a lion, I am going to shoot the fucker flat. Revenge!

King Leopold II of Belgium ;)

To be fair, all literalist readings of religious texts are ... interesting.
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic