Merkins Play Brits: 'Mordecai'

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Merkins Play Brits: 'Mordecai'

Postby Andy_S on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Watched this with the sproglet last night: Depp and Paltrow are triumphant.

Depp has the upper-class English twit growl down pat: He spends the entire film channeling Terry Thomas, greatest thespian of all time to masterly effect.

Granted, it is a bit thin on plot, but is deuced funny when it comes to the (1) performances and (2) the lines.

I say!
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Re: Merkins Play Brits: 'Mordecai'

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Cheery o, old bean. Must give it a gander, wot.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Jolly good, wot!
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:34 pm

That feller is quite funny.

"Hard cheese!"
Michael

Postby KEND on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:34 am

Interesting use of merkin, found the following
Actors who are committed to their craft will go to great lengths to ensure that they're portraying their character as realistically as possible. In some case, that means wearing a merkin. A merkin, for those of you who don't know, is a pubic wig. It's donned by actors and actresses who need their down-there hair to fit the time period of the film they're in. And considering most actresses likely engage in some sort of pubic grooming, a merkin ensures they can play the part realistically without having to grow their own pubes out accordingly. Additionally, a merkin can work as a sort of shield for the actor's own sexy bits, if they're not comfortable showing them off. Evan Rachel Wood had her first experience with going full-frontal on film when she was making the upcoming HBO movie, "Mildred Pierce." alongside merkin expert Kate Winslet. "I was a lot more nervous than I thought I was going to be," she said. "I looked at Kate and she was like, ‘You’ve got to do it. Trust me, it’s so brave. Put a merkin on and you’ll be fine.' ... Let’s just say, I had to wear a wig because it was in the '30s, and everything had to look like it was in the '30s." In other words, expect bush -- lots of bush -- when the film debuts March 27. [XfinityTV.com] The merkin has become a popular prop in many mainstream movies. Here's a look back at other famous moments in pubic-wiggery.
Question are Depp and Paltrow wearing merkins if so it should be a sight to see
KEND
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:44 pm

The attachment-type merkin seems a bit strange in that it provides the illusion of revealing the not-to-be-revealed, but is okay, since it is not the actual not-to-be-revealed? But if it looks the same, what is the point of it?

Men could possibly be oufitted with merkins-for-men, i.e. similar wigs, but with additional dangling accessories - that is, if the above reasoning still holds.
edededed
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic